HKS AFR on BP turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HKS AFR on BP turbo?

Is the HKS AFR the same as a an S-AFC? Do you think it will work on a BP w/custom turbo kit?

Do you have any more info on it?
    I don't know anything about the HKS, but if it is similar to the SAFC, then it may work. I know of people using the S-AFC and having good results (with auto TPS).
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
      Do you have any more info on it?
      I don't know anything about the HKS, but if it is similar to the SAFC, then it may work. I know of people using the S-AFC and having good results (with auto TPS).
      Nah I don't have much info about it... seems very similar to the S-AFC but it seems less popular. I've searched through GTX forums and some have it so I guess it works. Also seen it on Miatas.

Here's what HKS says:

The first airflow meter correctional device with a built in CPU, the Super AFR corrects the airflow meter map sensor voltage by inputting the characteristics of the airflow meter map sensor into the CPU to calculate the most accurate amount of air flow. --- Since the correction will be made to this specific intake volume, the ratio of fuel will be precise and proportional. The LED screen displays adjustments as they are entered along with RPM and fuel % adjustment (over baseline). The Super AFR is compatible with virtually any fuel-injected 2-12 cylinder vehicle that uses a hot wire, Karmann Vortex airflow meter or pressure sensor.

The Air/Fuel Ratio Correction function of the Super AFR allows complete fuel curve tuning by offering eleven points between 650 and 8000 RPM of adjustment. These points can be arbitrarily moved in 50 RPM increments. Each point of adjustment offers a tuning range of 50% rich to 50% lean from the factory baseline setting in 1% increments. Also incorporated in the Super AFR is the Idle Correction function, where Idle fuel mixture can be adjusted from 50% rich to 50% lean from the factory baseline setting in 1% increments within the idle range of 650-1500 RPM. This offers the ability to adjust idle Air/Fuel ratios as modifications progress and require further tuning to compensate. The response function allows for management of engine response in milliseconds with six points of air meter signal adjustment between 650 and 5000 RPM that can be randomly moved in 50-RPM increments. This function is extremely valuable on applications such as high-lift camshafts, larger injectors or bigger turbochargers because of fuel requirements these modifications call for. Additionally, an Electronic Idle Stabilizer (EIDS) function buffers dramatic airflow meter signal fluctuations, preventing engine stalling or stumbling related to sudden imbalances in air/fuel ratio of airflow meter-equipped vehicles using atmosphere venting blow-off valves.

Comment

I've worked with a lot of HKS stuff. Versions of the AFR have been around since the first SAFC or before.... It's not HKSs best product out there.... bit finnicky.

SAFC works ok with larger injectors though.

I wish Mazda didn't have the goofy electronics... I'd give some better reccomendations than either.

Comment

Working...
        X