Is it just me or is something wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or is something wrong??

Well, like I've posted before, I just recently got my Mazda Pro and the only real complaint I have is that it has a really REALLY slow accelearation. Do they normally have slow accelaration or could there be something wrong??

Ahhh yes another fresh 2nd gen owner. I too went through what you are feeling.

My car turns fine, starts up good each morning, gets me from point a to point b, sometimes I even feel my car can beat other cars .....
    your car is fine. It's just slow.

The only thing wrong is that our cars aren't exactly the fastest things on 4 wheels. And you have an automatic so that only makes things worse.

Sorry to say but our cars just can't accelerate very good. After an engine swap all bets are of though.

Oh yeah and the figures they put up for hp (92 hp) aren't too clearly defined. Automatics make the hp to the wheels EVEN lower. I'm pushing ~ 60 hp to the wheels. I know it's sad.

Just keepin it real.
    Last edited by loganss; 10-21-2004, 01:27 PM.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Oh, don't worry. Its just you. There is nothing wrong with the car.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
        Oh, don't worry. Its just you. There is nothing wrong with the car.
        LOL. The Protege is slow as hell. If you're lucky, you can get either between 17-18 at the track. You can do some work to the protege but it's real limited. Best bet is to go to the BP motor. It has a 1.8l and it's alot easier to modify.
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Maybe because it's auto. I know my pro is not the fastest but I also know its not the slowest.

Comment

Yeah, the gear shifts are very tall on the automatic.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Ok. What if I decide to do the swap. Would I still be able to keep the tranny and will that somewhat solve the "slowness" problem?

Comment

^^ I was going to answer that, but then I changed my mind... Just doesn't make any sense.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Like Bruce has previously stated (on multiple occasions), it would be pointless to go through all the trouble of swapping an engine, but still have the POS automatic transmission. If you're going to swap a motor, swap the tranny as well. And if you're going to do that, don't start asking a million questions here without doing a search first. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    Like Bruce has previously stated (on multiple occasions), it would be pointless to go through all the trouble of swapping an engine, but still have the POS automatic transmission. If you're going to swap a motor, swap the tranny as well. And if you're going to do that, don't start asking a million questions here without doing a search first. Good luck!
                    nicely said
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

ah, the wonders of the Z5

Comment

yup there slow but i cant really complain about slowness because as long as i have something to get me from work to school and then home im all good..........later on i might do stuff to my pro but that wont really make me go that fast but still faster! then it can go now.

on the subject of slowness can a 94 or 95 stock plymouth neon (same thing as a dodge) beat lets say my 96 protege? cuz there some kid that wont leave me alone untill i race him but i really dont want to lose lol

Comment

yes
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thats bull**** then!

Comment

in all honesty there are very few cars on the road that an automatic Z5 will beat, if unmodified

Comment

Working...
                              X