sputtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sputtering

well i'm new to the mazda family so i'm not too educated on the car. i have a 97 LX and the motor sputters at low RPMs and the idle is extreamly low (almost stalling) now the check engin light is on and is shooting some code about the fule system, now i bought the car from a dodge dealership and is under warrenty still. they have replace the Cat and hte lgiht went off, but came back on and i still think its shooting the code about the fuel system, anyone have any idea on what could be up wiht my car, because i am clueless.

Thanks,
    Joey D
    www.teamvizions.net

O2 sensor maybe... mine read too rich... fixed the problem.

Comment

Welcome to the fam. Glad to have u aboard. Make sure to browse around. There are a lot of knowledgable people on this board and alot of post with good info.

What's the exact code you're getting?

We'd just be shooting in the dark. At least with the error code we can make a better educated guess.
      ED
      '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
      Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
      WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

well i just got the car back from the dealership today, they told me that my engin was running rich and that was causing the light to come on. they said they couldent do anything about it because they dont deal with imports. so i'm in the dark here now. i'm going to bring the car to a buddy of mine to find out what the codes are again, i forgot what they were from the first time.

thanks for the attemped help.

Joey D
        www.teamvizions.net

Comment

i'd take it back to them and ask how they can sell a car that isn't running right with a warranty! did you buy it as is or something?
          98 Protege SE
          -------------------
          1.5L Turbo

Comment

it sounds to me as it is the oxygen sensor(s). but, i am not a mechanic. if it is running rich, then the o2 sensor could be sending a bad milivolt (signal) to the computer and the computer is adjusting the fuel/air mixture. makes sense to me. if that helps any.
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

what would the coolant sensor have to do with the fuel/air ratio. makes no sense to me ??????????
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
              X