Oil Pressure Gauge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pressure Gauge Question

I was wondering, and I believe im right, but want to make sure. No matter where I install my oil pressure gauge, if there is lost pressure anywhere, I will know right. Like if the oil feed line busts, the oil pressure will drop. or will it not drop. I am thinking that it would drop, but am not sure. I will be running the oil feed from the factory location on the block under the exhaust manifold. Just a little thing that popped up in my head before I install the oil pressure sensor. Is there any where you guys recommend installing it?

Originally posted by Tweeaks
    I was wondering, and I believe im right, but want to make sure. No matter where I install my oil pressure gauge, if there is lost pressure anywhere, I will know right. Like if the oil feed line busts, the oil pressure will drop. or will it not drop. I am thinking that it would drop, but am not sure. I will be running the oil feed from the factory location on the block under the exhaust manifold. Just a little thing that popped up in my head before I install the oil pressure sensor. Is there any where you guys recommend installing it?
    If there is a loss of pressure, you will know! and you can install them wherever you want, even under the hood, or you can run yur feed through the rubber sealed guide holes in the firewall.
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I remember something about this over off of Miata.net, some of the miata oil gauges wouldnt show a pressure drop until the motor was already fuked or damn near about to be.

I cant find the link for it, but yeah if your boosted oil pressure is really important.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        I remember something about this over off of Miata.net, some of the miata oil gauges wouldnt show a pressure drop until the motor was already fuked or damn near about to be.

I cant find the link for it, but yeah if your boosted oil pressure is really important.
        don't use a miata gauge
        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

So with the Miatas it was just a problem with the gauges? I have an Electrical Autometer gauge, so... Allright thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X