This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit?

do you need a camber kit when droping the 2gen? i do not want to ruin my tires on the inside prematurely.?
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

no
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Hrm, I was wondering this same subject. I know my Protege ES has a rear sway bar and that should preven the wheels from cambering in theory. So no need for a new one or anything else when lowering the 2nd gen?

P.S. I plan on putting in KYB GR-2 Struts with Ground Control adjustable springs. Comments on that choice?
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Depending on how much you want to drop it. You want need cambers if you are droping it like 1.5 inches or like 2. But if you are going to go all out and drop it like 3+ then you might need them.

Bruce had weapon R coilovers which are similar to ground control, and from what I heard, the car looks great, but they are uncomfortable, and sometimes to a point where you want to take them off.

There is another person on the forums that bought ground control and KYB struts and also got cambers.

Comment

so basically... since i want to lower it all the way. i will need them.
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Just remember that whenever you lower your car, you MUST do a wheel alignment!
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by 97ProtegeDX
              Depending on how much you want to drop it. You want need cambers if you are droping it like 1.5 inches or like 2. But if you are going to go all out and drop it like 3+ then you might need them.

Bruce had weapon R coilovers which are similar to ground control, and from what I heard, the car looks great, but they are uncomfortable, and sometimes to a point where you want to take them off.

There is another person on the forums that bought ground control and KYB struts and also got cambers.

Note to All:

You should never listen to anyone who says "cambers". Camber is a measurement of an angle. To say "cambers" to say:

"With the turbo, you're adding powers." Where the correct statement would substitute "powers" with "horsepower."
              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

My fault, you can drop your car 5 inches, dont get camber kit , dont do alignment, and you will be fine. And best of all your tires will wear out perfectly.

Comment

Whether or not you want to use camber bolts to put the amount of camber back into the stock range or not depends on your use for the car. Toe is what actually kills tires quickly, and leaving the negative camber gained when dropping is actually very good for handling.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

can anyone tell me where i can get camber bolts
                    although the handeling is great, i prefer to keep my tires a little longer
                    Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

www.andysautosport.com has them i believe

Comment

mazda motorsports
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                        X