power mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power mirrors

does anyone know if you can take LX mirrors (power) and put them into an SE/DX?

i know on my blue DX theres a plug for the power mirror switch but there no power mirrors on the car, does that mean that on or in the door there is a harness/plug for the mirror too?

if so i would like to change from manual mirrors to power, if at all possible

thanks in advance
    peace

-Gray
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

yes you can , You will need the switch to control them also. On the left of the steering column there is a cover. pull that out and the plug is behind it. Then you put in the power window controler(thingy) and plug it in.. plug in the mirrors and you should be set.

I put the power mirrors on my 323 about 2 days ago. I just have to run the wires through the door. the car has the plug to plug the controller in. But for some reason, the wires are not in the doors...

dunno..
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

mmm, When i did Davids mirrors on his DX, i had to run my own wires and make my own looms. The door boot plug did not have the required wires either.

Comment

DXs definetely don't have the required wiring in the door. I pulled a harness off an LX but never got around to putting it on the DX.

I thought David told me that's all I'd need though. So you need to wire up inside the car, too?

The Tropic Emerald Metallic mirrors look really nice though.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
        X