What is wrong with my front brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with my front brakes?

o man!!! I replaced my front rotors about a month or so. Eversince I replaced the damn thing I always hear this clunking noise but only when I've been driving the car for 15 mins bumper to bumper traffic and only when Im slowing down but when I slam on my brakes you can't hear anything. I pulled it out again ( brake pades and rotor) and put some more of that brake grease on the back of the pads. It was gone for a day or two but after that it came back again. I have no idea what it is. I have checked all the bolts, pins, pads etc... and everything is good. Btw I only hear this on the front passenger side of my 323 and just so you guys know I still have my stock front brakes from the 323 not LX and the rotors/pads I bought at Kragen brand new.

I had the same problem a while back, I guess it just went away on its own though. Mine started doing it after I threw autozone pads on the calipers. Lasted for a good while, but I dont remember hearing it recently. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Comment

Do you think maybe it could be your front stableizer bar end-links?

I am having that problem with my protege.. .
      The jack shaft bearing needs to be changed, the tie-rods need to be changed and the front stableizer bar end links need to be changed.

Check those, also check your tie rods to. I don't know if they will make any noise when bad..
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Check strut mounts.
        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
        X