Yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes or no?

Ok, ive heard both answers to this question. So im trying to figure this out 100%. Can an AFC be used on the BPT?? Specifically the GTX BPT, Im trying to figure out if there is anyway to use the USDM LX ECU with an SAFC on the GTX motor. thanks
    Eat ****.

Here's an old list of parts that you'll need to properly run the car with the LX Ecu and harness:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --VJ-20 Turbo from a GTX imported from Japan http://www.corksport.com/ = $300
    --Exhaust Manifold -from a GTX = $176 from Cork Sport
    --Jacobs "Boost Master" timing controller -from Jacobs Electronics. = $245
    --Fuel Management Unit (FMU) -from Cartech. = $200 #20005 rising rate fuel pressure regulator
    --Starion/Conquest TSI intercooler = $120
    --Mandrel Bends -from JC Whitney. I used a 5 -90 degree bends and 2 -45 degree bends in my setup YMMV
    --Bosch BOV = $55
    --Walbro 255 ltr./hr. fuel pump -from VE Petersen Company 1-800-537-6212 = $130
    --Gauges: from Summit Racing. = about $300
    Boost
    Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT)
    A/F ratio
    Fuel Pressure
    Oil Pressure
    Water Temperature
    --"Grainger" Valve to control boost. http://pages.cthome.net/gus/mike.html = $2
    --Apexi S-AFC ($327) and GTX 330 cc injectors (about $150) can now safely run 10 psi
    --4-wire TPS sensor to allow the S-AFC to work properly
    Can also use: Pre 95 talon BOV (the all metal one) about 45.00 (used) 2" copper bends used for water pipe with radiator hose in various bends to connect the piping.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Jacobs "Boost Master" timing controller -from Jacobs Electronics. = $245
      Fuel Management Unit (FMU) -from Cartech. = $200 #20005 rising rate fuel pressure regulator

those are the only 2 I need then. Thanks
      Eat ****.

Comment

You might want to look into this as well. I remember a long thread about it a while back....

--4-wire TPS sensor to allow the S-AFC to work properly
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

If you figure out how to install that jacobs timing controller, let me know, I cant do it for the life of me.
          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

what setup are you running elscotto
            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              what setup are you running elscotto

Read the "how to turbo your BP" thread... he wrote it
              '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
              '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
              '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
              '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
              '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
              '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

GTX turbo in a stock GT ecu. I have GTX injectors, SAFC and a walbro fuel pump. The damn instructions say to to **** that doesnt exist on our coil. I am stumped.
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

is your car running decently w/o that?
                  Eat ****.

Comment

call me an idiot, but I cant find that Boost Master controller anywhere. Help!
                    Eat ****.

Comment

Yeah it runs great, but I would like to have that extra tuning posibility there. I found mine on ebay.
                      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

is the rrfpr still needed with the SAFC? I thought it could be 'tuned' to dump more fuel when needed.

The link for the Grainger valve is dead btw.

I assume the TPS sensor can be found at auto parts stores, correct?
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I am not using a FMU or RRFPR with my SAFC. I can add so much fuel that when I accelterate i get black smoke coming out the muffler. And get the TPS from a j/y, a store will charge you out the ass. Right now I am not running the suto TPS, just adding fuel by RPM increase which is prolly pretty dumb since the SAFC has no idea how much engine load I have. I have an extra one around here somewhere if you need it.
                          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

I have an SAFC-II. The FMU I dont and wasnt sure if I needed one or not. Thx for the answer.

I am getting the GTX motor imported, will it have the 4 wire TPS needed?
                            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah i am pretty sure they have the 4 wire TPS
                              BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                              2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                              X