Painting guage cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting guage cluster

wut do you guys think about painting the guage cluster? not the actual dials themselves but the faceplate. and wut color?
    Tag Team

depends on interior color of the car. personally, my car is the same color as yours... and probably tan interior.. right? i was thinking about this and colors that i could use. i was thinking the usual metallic silver finish... but it just looks out of place if all you are going to paint is that... i guess being martha stewart in this case would help .
    peace

Comment

"Mazda Protege" by Martha Stewart.
      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

lol
        Tag Team

Comment

I like the way it looks. I want to do the actual faces, not the needles but where it says rpm, mph etc. in a white as my car is gonna have a black and white interior. Its white on the outside already, black hood and black rims. My interior is black and blue, so im just gonna paint the blue black, and change the seats to some black racing seats, and black carpet. I want to paint the headliner and a-pillar guages the black and white theme also, but that wont be for a long time. I have to make it the autocross king first!! Once you do it or if you do it, let me know so Ican paint mine to!
          Eat ****.

Comment

i'm probably goin to end up painting the faceplace, but not until i determine what is an appropriate color for it. I just don't want it to look silly.
            Tag Team

Comment

mines silver.....
              Painted mine a year ago....just got it installed tho.. looks pimp...... its really hard to get all the bubbles out of the paint tho...

best of luck to anybody trying it... it takes patience... and lots of it.

might need a secondary clear plastic piece from another cluster...(doesn't matter which one either).... just be sure not to crack it...
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Mine is silver as well. The idea of painting it was definately stolen from Darryl. It does require a lot of patience and it's very likely that you'll mess up if you're not careful. The final product is well worth the risk though.
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
                X