Tire Meets Rock= Not Good Outcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Meets Rock= Not Good Outcome!

I was driving home from work this afternoon and they are building our Walmart SuperCenter and there is alot of **** on the roads.....Well there was a ford Truck in front of me and all of the sudden a rock hurls out from under the truck and right into the path of my tire I had no time to swerve or anything.....I hit it sounded like i had gotten shot...(the rock was a size of a baseball) I made it home and the tire is now flat..jacked my car up rotated the wheel..No Hole....No sound of leaking air..my buddy told me i may have broken one of the bands or wires inside of the tire....I am going to take it to the shop in the am...has anyone had this happen or know what too do YES I DID SEARCH...I am in tears......I cant go anywheres...Someone Please Help Me......
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

damn that sux. Hopefully its a quick fix.

I have heard of tires doing that before, (once on my dad's trailer a LONG time ago) and we had to replace the tire. Hopefully its a quick fix for you.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Could've been a pinch flat, happened to me on a bike once, the tire itself was fine.

Comment

I direct you to my own tire vs pothole thread

similar enough.

Check for cracks in the rim. Best case senerio is that the tire came off the rim and now its back on.

Comment

its possible that you cracked your rim as well... i had a rim that incountered a similar experience and had a hairline crack that allowed all the air to escape in 20minutes of sitting... driving i could see even less time
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yea i am kinda leaning to the cracked rim idea......and that really sucks...but hey we will find out in the am!!!! Thanks for your help so far guys!!

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

If your chrome wheels are cracked, consider it a blessing.

Comment

Now listen Greg although I will be gettin new rims soon i wasnt wanting this to happen because i do have a buyer for them......some lil teenager is all giggly bout gettin them thangs..bless his heart.....lol so we will see what happens in a few hours!

Comment

What kind of rims are you going to get?
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i want to see the bling bling thats on there
                    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.