power locks, windows, and mirriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power locks, windows, and mirriors

ok at the moment i have no power acc. in my car as far as locks windows and my side mirriors go, i was wondering how hard it would be to install them if i could get hold of them, such as would i have to run the wires and how hard would it be to install the motors and stuff for the windows, any help on this subject would be great. (95' DX)
    Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

with the windows , you'll need to remove the door trim then remove the manual regulator , tape the window on the frame so it stays up.then install the electric regulator assembly . motor , relay switches . Next comes the wiring. The under dash panels and kick panels need to be removed. Then run the wires through the opening in the kick panel/door jamb, through the existing rubber boot and into the door. Then run the wires accross the dash into the passenger side door , ( repeat what you did with the drivers side ) use wire ties to hold the wires under the dash then you'll need to make brackets or mounts for the switches , and you'll need a ****load of parts scrunged for the junkward , might take you about 10 hours to complete the whole thing if you've never done it , and you'll need all the parts beforehand .

mirrors, door locks , and power windows will be tricky and you have to be extra careful not to damage and panels , Very time and patience consumming and you;ll need all the parts too , good luck !!!! search a lot on the web and maybe there's books about this knid stuff

Comment

Yes, power windows will be a major pain in your ass. But if you willing to shell out some cash, some shops will install things like power locks. I was quoted about $70 a door, which I think is a bit pricey for all four doors. However, I just might do it just for the driver's door.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok thanks for the info guys, i'm not goin to be able to do it right now but i may get back around to it at another time, thanks agian
        Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

Working...
        X