miss firing at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miss firing at idle

when my car is sitting there idling it misses. you can hear it at the muffler. the car runs great but only at idle does it seem to miss. i had it checked out and the engine code was cyclinder 4 miss fire. i replaced the plugs, wires, distributer cap, and rotor. i also had a professinal fuel injection cleaning. i dont know what to do.

yeh mine does the same thing it miss fires in drive/reverse when its idleing but when its in nuetral it doesint missfire or when im accelerating, i have also took it to a shop but they didint fix the problem

Comment

TheMan: Is this a 2nd gen specific problem (misfire 4th cyl)? I remember reading something similar to this several times from other 2nd gen owners.
      ED
      '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
      Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
      WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

my timeing belt was replaced just a few weeks ago, the guys at the shop said that my car was missfireing at idle in cylinder 4 and i already knew this..........and yeh loganss i to have seen ALOT of 2nd gen protege's that there 4th cylinder missfire along with my car.

Comment

Originally posted by joebomb
          when my car is sitting there idling it misses. you can hear it at the muffler. the car runs great but only at idle does it seem to miss. i had it checked out and the engine code was cyclinder 4 miss fire. i replaced the plugs, wires, distributer cap, and rotor. i also had a professinal fuel injection cleaning. i dont know what to do.
          check your timing, and if thats fine... the plug/wire on cylinder 4.... and if thats fine do a compression test

Comment

Working...
          X