Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock 2nd gen tail spoiler ... ?????

What do you guys think?

Should I try and get my hands on a stock 2nd gen protege spoiler or a stock 3rd gen spoiler or should I leave the rear deck without a spoiler. I am going to be working on my protege a lot come spring, so I am trying to think of different little things to do that may make it look better.

Last edited by bruce95fmla; 11-01-2004, 10:05 AM.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

You know what, I was thinking of adding a stock spoiler on the car also. They are dirt cheap on eBay now (aprx. $100 with ship.), and all you have to do is paint and mount. I should have one on my car by spring time as well, and who knows, we might compare at Kent (if it ever happens again).
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I like the back end of the 2nd gen's without a spoiler, I don't think the shape is very good for a spoiler.

Comment

I dunno I like the 2nd gen with a spoiler. Looks too plain/ordinary without one.

Could you post up the 3rd n 2nd gen spoilers side by side in this thread? (I'm being very lazy)
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Ok I stopped being lazy just incase anyone wanted to comment and just didn't feel like remembering what the 2nd n 3rd gen OEM spoiler looked like here it is.
          Attached Files
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

NO spoiler looks better than the stocker on a second gen.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Ya get the stock spoiler. It'll make your car stand outa nd it just looks plain damn good in my opinion heh.
              Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

i've been debating about getting a spoiler for some time now..so i had my friend come over with a sentra se-r and took the spoiler off of it and laid it on my truck and honestly it looks really good.. so thats the one im getting ill try to find piks of it and post them so you can judge for your sleves
                1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

You should've taken pics with the spoiler on your trunk!

Anyway, I've been debating the same question for a loooong time. Honestly I wanted the stock spoiler, but I do not like the middle support. I like it because it is slimmer, and very subtle, but that thing in the middle just annoys the hell out of me. I was considering the 3rd gen spoiler too. They should be interchangeable. Some time ago I compared their size and I think the 3rd gen spoiler fits the 2nd gen trunk perfectly. IMO, it's a tad better looking than the 2nd gen stocker. I might get it.

Comment

I've seen second gens with a two point spoiler and it looks aight but I prefer the three pointer. I wish I had a picture of the two to compare side by side.
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      I've seen second gens with a two point spoiler and it looks aight but I prefer the three pointer. I wish I had a picture of the two to compare side by side.
                      Don't you have a spoiler? Post a pic of that. I haven't seen too many good pics of the stock 2nd gen spoiler.

Comment

Not very close, but you get the idea. Mine is the three poster.
                        Funny, I saw one with a 2 post not 20 minutes ago.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not bad. You don't have a digicam?

Comment

I think the 3rd gen spoiler would look really good on the 2nd gen.

Comment

how would an mp3 spoiler look?
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X