Alarm going off for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm going off for no reason

Yeah so last night at like 2 am my alarm decides to go off. I run outside with a 2.5' section of 1/2" black steel pipe with a 1/2" elbow on the end (LOL it's my beat-the-****-outta-you for ****ing with my car stick) to thwart off would be robbers/killers/rapists. I get out there and the damn motion light isn't even on, so nobody set it off. So I disarm it with the clicker before the neighbors get pissed, and the **** goes off again! I couldn't get it to stop, I had to pop the hood and pull the wire from the battery (couldn't get the fuse out LOL) That's the second time this has happened, the alarm just goes off for no reason. Last time it disarmed just fine, but this time it wouldn't turn off. I just went outside and rewired the power to the alarm, and as soon as I did, the **** went blairing at full blast. I disarmed it and it stayed off this time -- so far.
    So WTF is going on? Why would my alarm just go off for no reason like that? I checked the wiring to see if there was a short somewhere, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. ??
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

what brand alarm?

double check your door pinswitches. I know mine have stuck closed before, but never open, so thats a possiblity.

Shock sensor may have gone bad.

Check the ground for the alarm.

You have a cheap ass alarm and it's going bad

Unplug the shock sensor and any other plug-in sensors for a few days.

there's 100 more i could list, but that'll get ya started.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
      what brand alarm?

double check your door pinswitches. I know mine have stuck closed before, but never open, so thats a possiblity.

Shock sensor may have gone bad.

Check the ground for the alarm.

You have a cheap ass alarm and it's going bad

Unplug the shock sensor and any other plug-in sensors for a few days.

there's 100 more i could list, but that'll get ya started.
      It's a CrimeStopper Gargoyle Series "CS200".

I think I'll let it sit for a few days to see if it does it again, then if it does I'll try some of those and keep you posted.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

you big spender you....

Comment

lol go cheap ass alarms! Absolute here.

I told myself that if I did install another alarm I was going all the way. glass break sensor, remote start, turbo timer built in.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

a remote start can work as a turbo timer. It (well viper anyway) can be set to almost any time frame from 1min to 24mins.

Comment

yea thats what I menat. It doesnt come with an actual turbo timer, just has the same purpose as one of the delayed ignition shut off.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X