engine noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine noise

Ok this is really funny but at the same time annoying as hell. I just hooked my speakers back up in my car, and kept the factory hu. I used a loc to change the speaker wirre to rca cables, but anyways im getting engine noise. What i mean is through the subs i can hear the engine. The subs are lightly thumping to the sounds of the engine. If i rev the engine up the subs bump harder with. It only does it when the stereo is turned down, but it is still on. The reason is cause i have the subs hooked up to wherre if the radio goes off the subs turn off but anyways anyone know of fixes for this prob. As far as i can tell everything is hooked up right, and the subs and amp are ok.

check your ground....either the wire maybe to long or its just not on a very good grounding point all together.. and if it is... then check to see if its on tight.... also are your RCA's running on teh same side of the car as your power wire? cuz that will also create noise

Comment

typically engine noise is introduced through a bad ground. did you sand the paint away from the grounding spot? is the power and ground cable large enough? are the RCA's laying over the power cables?

Comment

Somebody else who had LOCs did not use the LOCs ground because the shop he bought them at said it wasn't needed. He got noise in his system and decided to connect the LOCs ground and it solved his problem. If your LOCS have a ground (I'm not sure if they all do) check to make sure it is making a good connection.
        02 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by Dermen
          Somebody else who had LOCs did not use the LOCs ground because the shop he bought them at said it wasn't needed. He got noise in his system and decided to connect the LOCs ground and it solved his problem. If your LOCS have a ground (I'm not sure if they all do) check to make sure it is making a good connection.
          damn, i totally forgot about that if you can, connect them to the same ground as the amp sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse, but it can't hurt to try:p: but you typically want all your audio components connected to the same ground.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            you typically want all your audio components connected to the same ground.
            Mine are on different points (the grounds). I don't have noise, but I heard after the fact that I could have done that. Oh well!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

hey mister since yours all at a different ground could that have to do with your dimming?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                hey mister since yours all at a different ground could that have to do with your dimming?
                not as long as they are all good grounds

Comment

but if one isnt a good ground then yea so hahaha at you blue... i guess...

Comment

Working...
                  X