17 inch 7.5 wheels fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 inch 7.5 wheels fit?

I am planning to get a set of used 17 x 7.5 wheels. would I be able to mount them on my protege without any rubbing issues. my car is not lowered or anything.

what are the offset ranges for the gen 1 protege?

thanks
    Raul Carrion

well, there is a guy on here, whos putting on 19's on his 1st gen... so I think 17's should be fine... though it would look a little weird if not lowered atleast a little bit.... IMO

Comment

Just to point you in the right direction, there is a forum just this type of question called Wheels/Tires.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
        well, there is a guy on here, whos putting on 19's on his 1st gen... so I think 17's should be fine... though it would look a little weird if not lowered atleast a little bit.... IMO
        width should also be considered. What is the offset? I am not sure wether or not a 7.5 wide rim is too wide for the wheel well, and if it would rub when turning.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler

he had put 18s on.. hes looking into trying 19s.. but has not done it yet

Comment

7.5 will be borderline with the correct offset, i'll guesstimate at 40mm with a 205 sized tire, 215 will probably rub.

Comment

well, here is the deal. I have a set of 4 audi wheels (5x100) i know, i know WONT FIT.

the wheels are 38 offset, BUT i was going to custom order wheel pattern adapters From 5x100 to 4x100. from this site

i was thinking if by design the 17x7.5 would clear the wheelwell, besides, by using the adapter i am sure the offset will be increased to about 42+

Comment

wheel spacers are pretty iffy man, they had better be REALLY good.

will need to test fit the wheels with the tires you want to use incase you need to shave the wheels or the spacers for a proper fit, which again, must be done professionally, as they have to be shaved so they retain a perfect balance.

Comment

Working...
                X