stalling idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stalling idle

ok, for some reason my idle has been really low here lately. Like 200 rpms and stuttering. Sometimes it will die too. Ok at first when AC is on its fine, but then lowers after a while. Worse with subs hitting hard. Subs had to be removed.

Any ideas?

I searched, but no luck.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

upgrade your ground wires. Your's may have corroded or have a bad connection. it is simple to do. 8 of 4 gauge wire will do the trick
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

a vacuum leak might cause this problem too, I believe.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i had a problem with that too. i asked a car expert and he told me to change my spark plugs, and it did the trick. bear in mind though, that my idle wasnt just low, it was rough also.

it turns out that one of the plugs wasnt firing. im not sure that is true in your case though, charles.

on a separate note, when im driving along and i come to a stop, sometimes when i press the clutch to take the car out of gear, the revs drop and dont stop so the car dies. sometimes it will drop real low (~10rpms, that's right 10) and recover to a low idle.
        Tag Team

Comment

right, check your plugs/plug wires and distributor. It's a commun problem, it's like a warning sign that a plug wire or plug is going to die very soon...or has already.

Comment

ok, good to know. I put new plugs in a while back but they were the crappy bosch. Time for some NGK I guess.

New cap, wires, plugs, O2 sensors, anything else?

Comment

323, dont they have a maf?
              either way, thanks for all the input.

I like the sign pic, is that the new mazda 9 coming out, or is that something completely different?

Comment

fixed.
                Regapped/wirebrushed cleaned plugs, still low.
                TB idle set screw was way low. 1/2 turn from being all the way down. Turned it back out about 2.5 turns and now idels smoothly at 800-1000 rpms (dependent on AC off/on)

Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  ok, good to know. I put new plugs in a while back but they were the crappy bosch. Time for some NGK I guess.

New cap, wires, plugs, O2 sensors, anything else?
                  Just stick with the stock Denso plugs. Denso makes awesome plugs for performace applications, too.

Don't buy any of that platinum **** either. :\

Your car will actually run better/smoother with the stock Densos over the platinums.
                  Bryan
                  MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Originally posted by D323

I like the sign pic, is that the new mazda 9 coming out, or is that something completely different?
                    ??
                    Tag Team

Comment

he changed it, it used to be this long red goldwing doors mazda. I saved it on my comp, if you want I can email it.

Comment

Working...
                      X