Car Pulls to Right but its not Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Pulls to Right but its not Alignment

Hey guys, I'm really in a pissed off mood at the moment so bare with me. I've noticed slightly that with my 15 inch. wheels, my car had a slight pull to the right but when I went with 17's, my car pulled to the right and it was even more noticable. Well unfortunately, my new rims that i only owned for 4 months has a major dilemna due to the right pull. While driving in a ramp, the road was underconstruction and had an uneven road which unfortunately pulled my car to the right. That plus my car pulling to the right caused the front passenger wheel into a curve and took a big chunk out of my tire and wheel. I'm surprised it still works. But back to my question, what could cause this problem? I mean the alignment was done over the summer, and i took my car to Tire Kingdom 1 day before this incident with my wheel happened and they said the alignment was perfect. The mechanic test drove it and agreed with me that it pulls like hell to the right. It seems that when i press the gas it starts to pull to the right although it occasionally does pull to the right when the gas pedal is depressed. I was advised that my steering column could be bent? I was also told that i'm having torque steering. If it's torque steering, I would have to take it to a transmission shop right? Well any input on this would be helpful. I just got a 180 dollars speeding ticket, a screwed up rim and tire, and now this problem with pulling. I'm trying to figure out what to do with that car cause I sure as hell don't want to sell it. Sorry for the long thread lol.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Torque steer should only happen on heavy acceleration, and even then it should be managable.

Comment

look for tire defects.

or loose ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, etc in the suspension.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

definately a suspension issue. check the tie rod ends. they could be loose/worn and causing the allignment to change periodically
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

yeah, doesn't sound like it's the tires, because he said it was happening with both sets of tires.

Comment

Ya. The new wheel I have are more noticable than my previous rims because the size is different. I'm going to take it back to Tire Kingdom and ask them to do a 7 point check.

Comment

After breaking my front passenger side axle in half and the mechanic replacing it I always had a slight pull to the right. Doesn't sound as bad as yours though. I have some structural damage. Alignments are done but don't solve my problem. Maybe you are in the same boat as me.

Has your car ever been in an accident?
              ED
              '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
              Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
              WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

also check the axles and intermediate shaft (if it has one) to make sure they all fully seated and in good condition.

Comment

im on the same page you are man. im having the same problem but mine pulls to the left. not real bad bt its noticable. i just recently got in a wreck and got new tie rods put on plus a 4-wheel allighnment. so i dont know what is wrong with mine either.

Comment

My car was pulling hard to the right when I replaced my tranny. Bad gearbox was the cause...Do you get any popping noises when accelerating.
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Mine pulls to the right ..
                      I corrected some of it due to tire pressure, then more with changing my ball joints. Next I have to change my tie rods and then put it in the shot for an alignment.
                      With a new set of tires and wheels, the car should be back to pulling in a straight line. Know I just need to get the car to run correctly.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I don't get any popping sounds. The only problems i have with my car is, it burns oil every 2 weeks. It may backfire ONCE in a blue moon. My 1st to 2nd gear change grinds my gears almost everytime. I have yet had the chance to check my clutch fluid so i'll grab that soon. But this freakin problem really screwed me over. I have to buy a new tire/rim for $255. That really gets me mad.

Comment

your brake pad on the right side could be a bit tight and making too much contact with the rotor. this will cause friction on that side that makes it turn right
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I just had a 7 pt. check from Tire Kingdom. They told me all of my suspension parts are good. It still pulls to the right. Under heavy braking, my car goes straight but under acceleration and just crusing without the gas (just realized it), it goes to the right. Well I have the statement from Tire Kingdom saying that i need new tires. So i'm going to tell Wheelmax this and hopefully i'll get 3 new tires. But unfortunately I still have to buy the 4th rim/tire. Kinda makes me mad that the tire is responsible for the hard pulling which led me into a curb and they say they won't replace it. But oh well thats life right? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on it being the tires.

P.S. They also said that I don't have a bent frame and that everything else down there looks good..

Comment

Working...
                            X