Reverse Glow Gauges not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Glow Gauges not working

Ok so I got my reverse glow gauges and installed them with no needles breaking. From what I've read on the forums I thought that was supposed to br the hardest part.

So I look in the Haynes manual for the wire on the cluster that gets power only when the headlights are on. For the 2nd Gen it's the red/black wire on the bigger wiring unit. I wrapped the ground around the metal bar behind cluster. I thought cool I'm pretty much set.

I turn on the headlights and nothing.

Are my gauges toast? Is the switch toast? Any suggestions?
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Just take the red wire from the gauges, and then you need to make some trials and errors. There are three sockets on the cluster. You only need to play with the one on the far right. Turn the lights on, to make sure the cluster is lit, and then try to find where the power wire on the socket is by poking the red wire in and out of all of them. I found mine without much trouble. I left it in the slot, and used plenty of electrical tape to make sure it stays in there. Then, just like others, the ground wire went to the metal post behind the cluster, and badabing-badaboom, done. Put the cluster back in place, and you are good to go.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I'll just tried that but it's still light out so not sure if the lights are working or not.

I'll try again tonight but I suspect I have a busted gauge (knowing my luck)
      Last edited by loganss; 11-09-2004, 03:12 PM.
      ED
      '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
      Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
      WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
      X