17's on my es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17's on my es

I want to put a set of 17 inch giovanna's on my 98 protege.they are a 5 star design and look lightweight.my question is ..will the bigger size affect the performance?

yes they will.
    positively if the 17s are lighter than the stock wheels.
    positively because the 17s will have more rubber.
    negatively if the 17s are heavier than the stock wheels.
    "negatively" if you start to rub.

i put that in quotes because lots of ppl dont care if they rub since it happens only in sharp turning
    Tag Team

Comment

Yes you should be able to fit a 17 on your car ,make sure that the offset is better than +40 and use a 205/40/17 tire . You could get away with a +40 offset but may have some clearance problems on the rear .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
      Motegi MR12 rims in gold
      Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
      MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
      Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
      P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

personally, i would suggest 215/40/17
        it's a little wider... better control

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

rims

thanks for your info,i appreciate you taking the time to help!..1 more question..has anyone ordered from wheelmax?just wondering if they are a good company.they have the rims i want cheaper than anywhere else i looked.

Comment

in canada, i know lots of people use tiretrends.ca

for the states... i know a coupla people that have imported from tirerack.com.

they're really nice.. but i find their prices are worse than tiretrends.ca

(if the CDN$ drops again, you could get Pirellis for like US$8!)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yea i know a bunch of protege guys as well as other car guys who bought from wheelmax. if i had money for rims that is where i'd buy from... they're hella cheap!
              Tag Team

Comment

I have never heard one good thing about Wheelmax. Everyone I know that ordered from them got their order screwed up or something. One guy got charged twice for his order. Their customer service is terrible from what I hear. They do have cheap prices, but I guess most people would sacrafice peace of mind for 100 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                X