Front Lower Tie Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Lower Tie Bar

I bought a Front Lower Tie Bar and was wondering if it will fit an Automatic??
    Any one done this yet??
    If not i guess the other LX gets it.
    Thanks

I don't see why not.

ya know what, in all these years, i've never seen a Protege auto trans...LOL

Comment

i had it on my auto tranny, but it kept hitting the tranny oil pan.....im thinking my motor mounts are bad...but i have verified it yet...

Comment

... bp18protege when we worked on the car here at my house i checked your engine mounts... not much good to say about them... spend a few side dollars and fill them... then for extra support add 1" washers to the sides of the front and side tranny mounts. front tranny mount is more optional in my opinion
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

how difficult is it to replace the mounts? and replacing just with new oem mounts would do good or not?

Comment

unless your mounts are torn... buying a new mount as opposed to an old one... there really isn't much difference in how far they will travel when under wieght.
            fill them and forget it.

replacing them depends on which ones you pick to replace. usually the only ones you whould have to replace badly are the front and rear tranny mounts... the ones that endure all of the torque.

the front tranny mount is easy as cake... the rear one is a bit more of a PITA.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

If you can replace the rear tranny mount, be my guest. However, before you even pull the tranny and begin your new found heart ache. Order a set of Energy suspension motor mounts. Install the rear ones.
              I don't know if you want to install the front one, but inorder to do so.. You will need a front motor mount from a Automatic 323 . I know the 1990 Mazda 323 in automatic has the proper mount. Or I believe the actual zx2 mount should work (I am not sure on that one). This ES insert does not work on my 5 speed 323 front mount or my 5 speed 95 protege front mount.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

so can i just fill them while they're still sitting in the positions? or do i have to pull them out to do it.

Comment

Im going to pack the front and top mounts, the rear one is too hard to get to and PITA.
                  Takes about 2 packs of Epoxy (stick kind) to fill each mount, then larger washers to the side. Or I might just switch from the other LX.
                  Mine is a 90 LX automatic, I wonder if it is the same as the 90 323 auto?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                    so can i just fill them while they're still sitting in the positions? or do i have to pull them out to do it.
                    Go pop your hood and look under there...

Then come back and answer that Question.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the rear PITA mount is the one that endures most all of the torque on itself.... remove the front lower cross member and the front engine mount bracket and mount... force the motor to sway forward... and start removing it... need the shifter assembly off and possibly the exhuast don't remember

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                        I don't see why not.

ya know what, in all these years, i've never seen a Protege auto trans...LOL
                        here is a pic for you then
                        pic is from my bp swap....my first pro was an lx auto....now dx bp 5speed.....
                        Attached Files
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.