X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me this is mendable

Like by a wheel repair shop?

Notice the scratches on the outside...

If it's not I'll order another one when I take 'em off this winter. Rubber got marked, too.

A good wheel repair shop should be able to buff that out . Its not that bad ,My wheel is worse ,I will be fixing the curb rash this winter then have them repowdercoated.

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

To me that looks bad, a lot of metal has been removed and it won't buff out. The only thing you could do is blend the scratch/gouge out and hope it does not look to bad, or have someone that can weld build up the metal then grind it back to smooth. just my .02
      MODS:
      I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

Wheels America has been remanufacturing wheels since 1994. With over 35,000 wheels in inventory, we stock the most diverse inventory of original wheels in the United States. Our goal is to ensure our customer gets the correct wheel along with the best customer service experience.

Comment

your looking at 109.00 to repair it, how much was it new?
          MODS:
          I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

$230.

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
              How much does it cost to have rims buffed out? my OZ's have random scratches and gouges all over them.

Thank god azenis have a curb guard device to protect them from now on :X
              curb guard device? elaborate pls
              Tag Team

Comment

From what I have heard, the sidewall in the tire is stronger than usual and helps slow curbs from pushing up into the rim when you go over an un-suspecting bump.

AFAIK, thats what he has. Now if he has something different, lets hear what it is...
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Some tires have a rim guard built in - they mold the tire so that it sticks out a little extra after the bead so that you have rubber sticking out farther than the edge of your rim. Hope that makes sense...doesn't read very well.

As for the damage - it's very fixable. It just needs to be sanded down a little and then polished to the sheen of the rest of your rim. It will then need to be reclearcoated asuming that part of your rim was clearcoated from Enkei. If you don't reclear it, it will just corrode there. Obviously sanding it down will remove some aluminum, but it probably won't even be noticable when it's done.
                  '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

That's really not that bad, you should see my rims on my old MX-6, now those would make you feel better.
                    03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

u can deffinately fix that. the rim shop around here gets rims like that from customers for cheap, fixes them, then sells them for alot more. so ive seen worse
                      i is dumb

Comment

Good thing. The rim you see in the picture is the back right. Today I gave the front right an even worse curb rash. Swappin em tomorrow to get fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X