98lx bad ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98lx bad ground

My brake lights light up in a weird pattern, and my radio blinks in cadence with my turn signals, but only when my headlights aren't on. After owning two Saabs, I can recognize the signs of a bad ground. Are there any spots on the Prot that are particularly error-prone? I'd like to get this done before getting a new inspection, just in case they fail me.

This is the first kind of a ground I have heard of, so I am sorry to say if I have no idea as to how to help you. Are you the only owner, or did you buy the car used? Also, depending on the technician inspecting your car, I doubt that he/she will pay attention as to how your radio might work when the light are being inspected. Goodluck.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

i don't know if it's a ground or not but i have a 98 lx and mine has the same problem when you turn on the signal lamps my cluster lights blink in concession with my turn signal and it does the same to my stereo. Even when headlights are on just turning on the blinkers gives a dimming effect. Could it be that the altenator on the 1.5 is too small for all the power accessories i have. All i have is a pioneer head unit no amp, and no other additional external or internal lighting besides the factory ones. Had my battery and altenator checked and both are good. Maybe not enough amps on altenator.
      98 Protege LX 5speed
      ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
      Custom catback exhaust
      Custom Intake
      Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
      Custom Mesh Grill
      Clear Corner Lights
      Custom M3 LED Mirrors
      Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
      Custom Flip Flop Trunk
      Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
      Hose Techniques hosing kit