Funny Problem With my revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Problem With my revs

I am having a problem that when i push in the clutch pedal the revs stay high! The revs should drop when i push the clutch in and hold it. Mine stay high for a few seconds then drop to the point of almost cutting off. Please Help
    sigpic

What other symptoms?
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Here is another example: Im driving down the road cruising in 5th gear(about 2500rpm)- I push in the clutch and hold it down. Not only do my revs not drop, they climb a few hundred then drop after about 5 sec
      sigpic

Comment

Sticky throttle cable perhaps, or it my be kinked somewhere.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Idle control sensor?
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you discover go zoom-zoom
          you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

try this:

take off the intake tubing, look inside the throttle body, at the bottom there should be a litltle port. use carburetor/choke cleaner in that and all around the "butterfly". there could be some excess carbon build up in there that causes rough idles.

if that is not the problem, check all the vaccume hoses.

if that is not the problem. then i dont know what man.......
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
            X