iso 50 vs. iso 400 digi

elph 230 Canon.

iso 50
    [IMG]http://protosportracing.tr****.com/z/fs/IMG_0136.JPG[/IMG]
    iso 400
    [IMG]http://protosportracing.tr****.com/z/fs/IMG_0137.JPG[/IMG]
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

I think that whole system is dumb because it's just faking it. That and aperture settings on that camera... it's not real, it's just the camera doing what it THINKS film would look like.

Nice picture, BTW.

Comment

yeah! I just got a Minolta Dimage A2 from my dad for 400 bucks. But I am selling it and my Canon G3 and I will buy a Canon 10D ..
      He just got a 20D and it's so sweet

I need my 35mm control back ...I had enough of motorized zooms..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

20D is freakin awesome... so's the 10D, but the 20D is the one I want to play with. At work we've determined that it's actually better quality than 35mm film.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
          20D is freakin awesome... so's the 10D, but the 20D is the one I want to play with. At work we've determined that it's actually better quality than 35mm film.
          Where do you work, and how did you determine that?

Comment

yeah. I did not look into the both of them to much. However I was told the 20d uses the mach 2 shutter and drive ... .(If I remember correctly and it's a 8mp camera.) I think I will be perfectly happy with the 10D though ..
            I am listing my dad's A2 right now and I just put my G3 on ebay also ..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Here are the links to the auctions.. 10D here I come..
              hehe..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I work at Ritz Cameras and 1-Hour Photo. We determined that the 20D (an 8.2 megapixel camera) was better quality than film by printing a 20x30 print from a 6 megapixel camera that had no noticeable difference in quality from a 20x30 film print. Therefore, since 6mp is roughly equal to 35mm, 8mp is better.

Depending on who you talk to, professional photographers put 35mm as somewhere between 6mp and 8mp anyway, so at worst the 20D is equal quality.

Comment

Yeah. I figure I might get about 800 to 1000 for my dad's camera with all the extra stuff and about 300 or so for my G3.. Then I will get the 10D. I would get the 20D but it's a bit out my price range. However I am going to check and see what the cheapest I could get one for though. My Dad bought the 20D kit on Sunday (yesterday). That frigin camera is awesome.

They have a 6mp Nikon DSLR, here at the A/V in the studio of Pfizer. I try to play with it when ever they have to do a photo shoot. It is so frigin nice ..

Hopefully within a week or so I should be making this purchase. I will still have my Canon S230 3mp for my everyday walk around camera.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

50 looks better...

i never print pics so i could care less how close to "photo quality" they are.

cameras are meant to be used to sell stuff & show off your ride...thats their only purpose in life :suckie:
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

and sir... that's why your pics show NO detail ... lmao.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I work at Ritz Cameras and 1-Hour Photo. We determined that the 20D (an 8.2 megapixel camera) was better quality than film by printing a 20x30 print from a 6 megapixel camera that had no noticeable difference in quality from a 20x30 film print. Therefore, since 6mp is roughly equal to 35mm, 8mp is better.

Depending on who you talk to, professional photographers put 35mm as somewhere between 6mp and 8mp anyway, so at worst the 20D is equal quality.
                        scratch the 10D , I am going for the 20D.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                        X