Oil in Air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil in Air intake

I found oil in the air intake and on the Throtle Body. I use valoline TB spary to clean the TB a few days ago.What is causing this.

bad rings
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

pcv valve
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

how to check the PCV valve.

Comment

Pull it out of the valve cover, shake it.
          If it rattles its good. if it doesn't then replace it/
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

The PCV valve rattles when I shake it but it full off oil.Are there any filters I can put there to stop the oil.

Comment

asshole they dont have that PCV valve where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by mig360m
                asshole they dont have that PCV valve where I live.
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Mine does the same thing but i've found that the hose that runs from the front of the valve cover to the intake causes the oil. If you take the hose off and rev your car at higher rpms you notice that oil will come out of this tube this is do to the fact that your cams run oil right under the tube and at high rpms it throws oil on the valve cover and out of the tube. This causes the oil to run down into your intake and with the itake air it is pulled into the throttle body. I'll get a pic of what i'm talking about.
                  98 Protege LX 5speed
                  ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
                  Custom catback exhaust
                  Custom Intake
                  Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
                  Custom Mesh Grill
                  Clear Corner Lights
                  Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                  Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
                  Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                  Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
                  Hose Techniques hosing kit
                  Custom Valve Cover
                  Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
                  Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
                  2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
                  Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Comment

Dude what's your damn problem i have a brand new pcv valve and my pro still does the same thing. Not the problem in some cases. People log onto this forumn for help with problems and to help others not to be **** on by people having a bad day. If all you can do is hate on people less all knowing than you then just keep your damn comments to youself.
                    98 Protege LX 5speed
                    Custom catback exhaust
                    Custom Intake
                    Custom Mesh Grill
                    Clear Corner Lights
                    Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                    Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                    Custom Valve Cover

Comment

protegeracer's Lesson for Today

Listen to what TheMAN has to say or be afraid, be very afraid. Expose your ignorance to TheMAN and he will smite you until you desist. Rejoice that TheMAN sees fit to correct your errant thoughts.

02 DX Millenium Red
                      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

And i'm supossed to be scared why? Sorry i just stated a fact with the problem with my car which for his info has even been stated as the factor by a major shop in my area. I have the 98 1.5L engine and replacing the pcv valve didn't work. I just don't think people come to forums like these to be bashed for their ignorance. I have had no problem getting answers before from respectable members such as KDawg or Bruce. So maybe he should learn some respect from others.
                        Last edited by protegeracer; 11-15-2004, 06:52 PM.
                        98 Protege LX 5speed
                        Custom catback exhaust
                        Custom Intake
                        Custom Mesh Grill
                        Clear Corner Lights
                        Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                        Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                        Custom Valve Cover

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Listen to what TheMAN has to say or be afraid, be very afraid. Expose your ignorance to TheMAN and he will smite you until you desist. Rejoice that TheMAN sees fit to correct your errant thoughts.

02 DX Millenium Red
                          Don't forget to wash yur lips!!!
                          '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                          Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

kdawg and bruce will not ALWAYS be able to help you. Let TheMan get off on talking ****....when it comes down to it, the man will always have the answer...He's like a ****ing mazda service manual. free, all you have to do is take his ****.....
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Go to this site this man use a small air compressor filter by the PCV valve. cheap mod

Comment

Working...
                              X