hydraulics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydraulics?

I was wondering if theirs such a thing as hydraulics for a protege so i can raise the car up to stock height or lower it 3 inchs from inside the car, my dilema is, i live in an area where snow is a big problem, and it cant always be lowered, as that makes getting stuck much easier.

Adjustable coilovers would be a much more economical option than hydraulics.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
      Adjustable coilovers would be a much more economical option than hydraulics.
      What exactly are those, and where could i get some that wouldn't cause me any problems? Also I imagine these arnt very easy to install where's a good place to get something like that installed?

Comment

My friend had Air-Ride on his Protege 5 and he had a lot of problems out of it....i would do some serious research before you decide on what your gonna do, I would hang with the adjustable coilovers as well......
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Are you referring to the white P5 with orange graffics?

Comment

Maybe ProjectProtege will do some hydraulics to go along with his 19's, and then we can see how they work.

Comment

I just wish he would wreck his car and get it over with.

Comment

All in good time. Somewhere out there is a pothole with his name on it.

Comment

Back on topic though, I think it would be really nice to have internally adjustable shocks, not a full ghetto-mobile hydraulics kit but just a simple electronic control for coilovers or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                    All in good time. Somewhere out there is a pothole with his name on it.
                    And I am digging it.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                      Are you referring to the white P5 with orange graffics?
                      No it was the silver one in my town......
                      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by statictonic
                        I was wondering if theirs such a thing as hydraulics for a protege so i can raise the car up to stock height or lower it 3 inchs from inside the car, my dilema is, i live in an area where snow is a big problem, and it cant always be lowered, as that makes getting stuck much easier.
                        yea dats my problem 2
                        i was thinking bout bagging it
                        it shouldnt b a problem if u do it right

Comment

Either way you do it your gonna have to upgrade the electrical system. Hydros are messy I'd go with bags but also remember they are going to eat up alot of space.
                          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Coil-overs

c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

coilovers are ****, stay away from them! unless youre going to get yourself a true coilover system, like from tein or something which would cost you well over a grand. unless you plan on racing your 'ge, go with air bag suspension. from my experience air bag suspension works very well, and you can always slam it when you park in a lot and really turn a few heads... of course you could do this with a coilover system, if you dont mind jacking up the car and whipping out the socket set.
                              What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

Working...
                              X