How's this one for AA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's this one for AA...

as very few of you know, rider69 and i traded up a bunch of gear over the past few months and finally, when i thought i had everything squared away.. with just one month of use on all of the gear that he sent me.. i want MORE. basically, run up goes like this:
    Pioneer deh-9300 head unit (13 band eq.. the works)
    cdt cl-61 components for the front
    cdt cl-6x coaxials for the rear
    rockford fosgate 551x 4 channel amp (70x4 at 4 ohms)
    rockford fosgate 501bd mono sub amp (500 at 2 ohms rms, birth sheeted at 623 peak)
    xm goodies
    and the same ol 15 inch Phoenix Gold Ti15d sub in a BIG ass box

needless to say.. this isn't good enough.. not to mention the minor fact that i may have already inadvertantly blown one of the voice coils in the component mid's (surgery starts tomorrow to tear the door panel apart to figure that **** out). i've been plagued with problems from the get go with ****ty fuse holders, inadequate door sills that can't hold 2 4 gauge wires, 1 8 gauge wire.. and the other side that can't handle 3 sets of rca's, remote wire, remote gain for sub amp 'wire', ip-bus cable, and 2 sets of 16 gauge speaker wire for the front components. let alone the **** heads at ford left me with horrible mounting options where everything is a god damn hassle to install aftermarket speakers with out mangling the **** out of them.

so on with my rant, my focus now is on a killer front stage, ditching the 4 channel amp and rear speakers, possibly the components, and somewhere down the line getting a better 15 inch sub (think brahma 15 invert mounted with 1200 watts of power.. yeah). the head unit is awesome, i don't even think an alpine could replace this baby.. if anything, it'll be the 9835, or a 9600 series pioneer. but as we all know, i'm broke as our federal government.. i need to take SERIOUS baby steps to get ANYTHING accomplished . enough ranting.. here's what i'm asking.

i basically need new front components.. and i'm talking about something i can crank the hell out of and still have clean clean sound. although i'm not in the market for $1000 dollar components, i would like something that sounds close. custom mounting options are going to be 'played' with, as i feel better in grabbing a hold of a fabricator to mock up some pods or something.. anything basically like a sealed enclosure for the components. i've asked mike and he was very kind to name quite a few options for me, but i'm still not happy. i'm probably willing to dish out close to 400 if i'm convinced enough, and any steps to get to this point are going to be long and painful.. but i WANT good sound. with me, i've been battling this constant crapshoot with this sable because the mounting options in this car are absolute crap, but i intend to fix this and get it done right. what manufacturers out there have proven, tested, and undeniable performance in a component set that would still fall in under 400 bucks? i was thinking about the custom route of matching horns/tweeters with a passsive/or active crossover, and killer mids.. it sounds attractive of an option.. just not entirely sure of where i could begin to start. i hear the names Vifa, and A/D/S, and focal... but i don't have the resources nor the ability to demo ANY of these products, so kinda going on your word.. what do YOU audiophiles suggest?

kevin

p.s. to avoid reading all that bull****, name proven component models and companies that can give me great components for under $400 bucks :p:

My personal favorite for low-cost stuff is MB Quart. I have a set of their basic 2-way components, and they sound beautiful. Extremely clear sound, with great imaging when the tweeters are positioned properly, and I really like the tone they have. I bought my components for about $300 for the pair. And you should be able to find them at a shop to demo them.

Comment

Not an MB Quart fan. Every set I've ever listened to has been too harsh. I listen to my music very loud and the tweeters on the quarts tend to hurt my ears. Personally, I love the sound of some Boston Pros and I think you can find them on Ebay for around four hundred.
      01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

Here is one for AA too:

Used but in awsome condition:

New Rims, new springs, and new tires along with kick panels, Focal 3 way components, and an amp. I am one broke ass mother f***er!!! Try several hundred dollars in credit card debt. Not to mention I just met some one a few weeks ago and that costs money! It's all good though!
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

how about some DLS ultimate iridiums 6.2's for $490 shipped with warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            how about some DLS ultimate iridiums 6.2's for $490 shipped with warranty?
            Mister Peer Pressure here! Off topic, but I have been reading carsound's forum on the 50 farad RF cap. That thing has turned more in to a flame arena than a useful thread. It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be. Thank God for being broke (for once) so I can hold up on spending before seeing any results. Until then, the debate continues on the use of caps.
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

lol, it was just an offer. if you want to save some money, the magnesiums are supposed to be really sweet for just over $200.

Comment

Stop, I will buy them. Mister T is leading right now in purchases.
                2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
                Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Working...
                X