rear wiper conversion on U.S. spec 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear wiper conversion on U.S. spec 323

Im thinking about installing the rear wiper system from the 323 in japan and europe into my 91 323........

Anyone else ever thought about doing this?

I already have the wiper switch/blinker assembly coming from germany....(an ebay special)...

next all i need is the correct motor and the wiper arm assembly.

IF anyone can get ahold of those to parts I would be most greatly appreciative of them.

I have been noticing however that I might have to customize the rear hatch by cutting a hole for the assembly....(i have yet to look into this.) as well as it may be possible to still keep the rear brake light. it all depends on my preferance.

It would turn out to be a sweet mod for any 323...or so I think
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

None of the U.S. spec 323s had rear wipers??? That would be a good mod, I wish I had a rear wiper, even on my protege. I hate cleaning it off every morning.

Parts from an MX-3 might help!
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

if the US spec 323 SE has a *rear* wiper then how come i have never ever ever seen it....

Even my repair manual from the factory for U.S. models shows there is no rear wiper....

SHOW ME SOME SOURCES ON THAT INFO....and i'll believe it.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I've seen a us-spec rear-wiper 323. If fact, I think bruce's 323 might have one??? True, not very common, but I've seen them. If fact, there looks to be a small popout on the back hatch for the wiper assembly to go into. I could be wrong, though.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

heh, PWNED
          keep checking your junkyard and find one.. one will show up eventually

peace

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            Dear God,

Why do the ignorant who live in bliss insist on arguing with the informed who know certain things? It certainly seems like I don't mind wasting my time! Please offer me your holy advice!
            Where the eff did you get that cd/pdf/whatever it is... I want it hardcore!
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

the 90-91 models had the SE with the rear wiper. the 92-94 models get the shaft and got NO ****ING OPTIONS (sucks eh?).

but..i've seen plenty of rear wipers at my local junkyards.

You'll need the hatchlid, harness and wiper stalk for it to work properly. Quite a bitch to wire all together.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Well thanks for the detailed info....323's aren't common around my parts on the road or in the junk yards. personally I own a 91 but with that queer ass brake light, instead of the rear wiper.

along with the rear hatch isn't the steering shaft piece with the blinker and wiper switch different between rear wiper and non rear wiper????

anybody have a clue if i can just swap that out and replace the rear hatch and still have it work???? or is there still more to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                  Well thanks for the detailed info....323's aren't common around my parts on the road or in the junk yards. personally I own a 91 but with that queer ass brake light, instead of the rear wiper.

along with the rear hatch isn't the steering shaft piece with the blinker and wiper switch different between rear wiper and non rear wiper????

anybody have a clue if i can just swap that out and replace the rear hatch and still have it work???? or is there still more to replace?
                  if you replace the hatch you should only need the wiper stalk and a 10amp fuse and the fluid bottle. The piping should already be there (you'll have to check, I dont know)

Comment

just hire a mexican midget to ride on your roof and wipe it down when you push a button
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                      Where the eff did you get that cd/pdf/whatever it is... I want it hardcore!
                      You mean stuff like this??!

Usually only Mazda dealerships have access to this info ....

Scott
                      '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                      '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                      '98 Volvo V70 T5
                      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by beachnut
                        You mean stuff like this??!

Usually only Mazda dealerships have access to this info ....

Yea, my roomate has one of those DVDs for volvos... You f'ers, I WANNNNNNNNNNNT
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

BTW, these things are common in Canada. It is unusual to see one without a rear wiper.

Do you know anyone in Canada?

Comment

err, i thought edwin LIVED in the dealership. if somebody is dumb enough or he decides to be generous... we tend to get these nice diagrams. the dealership i worked at (for a total of 3 weeks :p had an excellent system for parts look up, just don't know where to find something on the market for sale like that, that also wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. it gives you a nice pieced off diagram, which i like, but even better, lists the original part numbers, so getting a new one is just a phone call and a short day away
                            peace

Comment

I will gladly copy those CDs for any and all who want it if someone is nice enough to send me the orginal.

So long as I copy it and do not sell it there is nothing illegal about it.

NotArrogant@yahoo.com
                              MimeAssassin on AIM
                              Last edited by D323; 10-12-2003, 05:16 PM.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X