I've been subpoena'd WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been subpoena'd WTF

What the **** is this ****. To make a long story short, I basically got a speeding ticket back in march, 85 in a 65 IN MY FESTIVA (which was stock looking at the time).

So I go to court in june and they found me guilty, even though the cop wasn't there! So i write an appeal saying he wasn't present, and that I have the right to face my accuser.

So just last week I get a letter in the mail saying I have to come to court WITH A LAWYER representing me on the 14th.

And just today my mom calls me up all pissed off yelling at me about how a cop came by my house and subpoena'd me to come to court. WHAT THE ****!! All this for a traffic ticket?

They are going to have a lawyer testifying against me for such a petty stupid ass thing as a speeding ticket? On top of that, they want me to hire a lawyre for this? i don't have any ****ing money for this ****.

What the hell do I do? Anyone here in law school know what my options are?
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Wow, I wonder if they mistakened you for some one else. Did they say for sure why you are being taken to court? I was taken to court over an accident that I had witnessed 1-2 years before the date was set. First I met with the lawyers of the drunks who were speeding (they were sueing the woman who pulled out in front of them), and then I was told to be at the court. I showed up, and nobody was there. They settled out side of court and no ****tard lawyer called me to tell me to cancel. I was so pissed off too, wondering the court house for about an hour. There were several sessions going on and finally I was told that there wasn't a person versus another person like I had in the letter. I called the lawyer's office of the plantiff and the dumbass secretary told me to look for a guy in a suit! I told her that I am in a courthouse, that is everybody minus the females. She then told me, "Well, he's bald, kind of stocky..." I told her that narrowed it down to about a thousand. Finally she told me, "Oh, sorry it was settled outside of court. No one told you?!" Oh she heard an ear full too! I was so pissed off!!! I missed a half day of work over some bull****ter trying to get a free ride in life claiming they needed a chiropracter for life!! I hope they are still hurting today!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

i just got stopped the other day doing 91 in a 65 and instead of getting a ticket the cop told me i have to come to court. what exactly happens at court, why didn't he just give me a ticket. i'm kinda worried what they will do in court, but oh well.
      '91 323 SE
      Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
      <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

Talk to a lawyer.
        They usually will talk to you the first time for free.

Comment

basically this is how it works down here. you get your ticket then the the judge will look at you for 5 minutes and say pay the fine and court cost or he'll say that and an extra charge... but most speeding tickets around here you can call up and ask the clerk if you can just pay the ticket fine and you can do that and just pay the cost and not go to court..... basically so you dont have to pay court costs and maybe have more charges put on you but since its that much over... they may not let you.

Comment

also are you sure the subpoena isnt for like kazaa or anything? just an idea

Comment

in my case the cop never gave me a fine to pay for speeding, he just gave me a slip with a court date and an address and tole me to be there.
              '91 323 SE
              Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
              <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by mustangjosh67
                in my case the cop never gave me a fine to pay for speeding, he just gave me a slip with a court date and an address and tole me to be there.
                I've heard of this happening (happened to my sister)...but never ticket then subpeona.
                My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

the ticket doesnt say the fine you have to call the clerk and ask to see if you are able to. just a thought so u dont get it up that ass from the judge

Comment

there pissed, your screwed.

But you were right. The Cop was not there and they should have adjourned the case for a later date.

happily for me, when I went to court they droped my moving violation ticket to a parking ticket ...
                    Bruce
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

But is subpeoning a thing of the "norm" when you appeal a trial? Or am I in deep **** for some reason?

I mean, who gives a **** about 85 in a 65? I alrady went to court, and took drivers improvement, so what the hell....it just doesn't make any sense to me.
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I don't think it is, not at your stage in the game. If you got it when you got stopped, then I'd understand (that'd be a summons though).

Sounds like they got you mixed up or something, or they wanna make an example of you. Hope it's the former.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

You can't call the court and ask?

Maybe it has something to do with your "stolen car"?
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Your car was stolen?! ****, I've been away for too long. lol.

Anyone care to explain?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
                              But is subpeoning a thing of the "norm" when you appeal a trial? Or am I in deep **** for some reason?

I mean, who gives a **** about 85 in a 65? I alrady went to court, and took drivers improvement, so what the hell....it just doesn't make any sense to me.
                              I was thinking that when your subpoenaed then that means they want you to testify about something. Like you witnessed someone get killed or saw an accident happen, etc..
                              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                              X