Tire recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire recomendations

Hey all, it seems Ive worn the crap out of my tires currently Im running a 205/50 ZR 15 dunlop sp 5000 with the asymetrical tread. All in all Ive been happy with the tire, not the greatest wet performance but handles well at the limit and ok in the snow. Im looking at new tires and Im limited because I need all season and I want ultra high performance looks like I have 3 choices in my size the same dunlops, the Kumho Ecsta ASX and Michelin xgt v4s, i know the Dunlops and Michelins are OEM tires on some cars so Im leaning toward the Kumhos any suggestions thanks NIK

99ES 5spd, AWR header, AEM SRI, custom 2.25" SS catback, B&M shortshifter, Eibach prokit, KYB struts, powerstop rotors, EBC greenstuff pads, Magnecor wires and JDM plugs

why not get winter tires? It's not like it's unjusitfied in ohio . . . what about PZero Nero's if you're set on all seasons? Tire Rack rates them higher in every category compared to the Kumhos

Comment

I have 512's . . . I like them, but they aren't high performance, I use winter tires anyways, if I had better wheels I'd get S-03's for the summer, but alas, I'm stuck w/ 5.5" wide 14's

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
        I have 512's . . . I like them, but they aren't high performance, I use winter tires anyways, if I had better wheels I'd get S-03's for the summer, but alas, I'm stuck w/ 5.5" wide 14's
        Thanks for all the info, Ive thought about getting winter tires and I probably will next time around, but with only one set of wheels, I'll compromise with the all seasons. New wheels should be around in the summer now do I go 16s or 17s?? Oh well thats another thread, Id looked at the Falkens so that seems like a good option, take it easy y'all. And oh yeah it lovely here this morning 33 degrees and a nice slushy mixture from the heavens blah!!

Comment

really? I'm in C-bus at the moment and it's ~45 and overcast . . . we'll see what it's like when I go back home tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
            really? I'm in C-bus at the moment and it's ~45 and overcast . . . we'll see what it's like when I go back home tomorrow.
            That was at 7:30 - 8:00 this morning its was brief but just enough to remind us winter is coming it 44 and partly cloudy now but were supposed to get snow Wed night, Thanksgiving and on Friday, good thing I got the Christmas lights up yesterday hehehehe, BTW I think Im gonna give the Falkens a try I have found 205/55 15s with a V rating for 90 bucks a tire from some Canadian company, Im gonna keep looking though. Thanks for the info oh and how does you pro deal with the crappy roads being lowered? I think it must be funny to follow me when Im driving cause Im constantly avoiding holes, cracks, patches etc. see ya

Comment

try vulcantire.com, and I haven't driven it in snow with the new suspension yet

Comment

Working...
              X