Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phuck

Gone... dead... rotten. Well... it lasted 14 years
    Anyway... i spent 2 days messing with this ****... i destroyed 6 wrenches on the central screw ( i dont now some terms in english so im just guessing), the one in the center of a disc, today, i managed to release the asshole, but, the one that holds disc and the whole assembly together wont move. Gave up on it, im going to a mechanic tommorow.
    I just wanted to ask, did anybody change those things. I know the procedure, just wanted to hear your expiriences with this kind of a problem.
    Attached Files
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

you mean the axle nut on the hub on the outside?

I know the axle nut is a biatch to remove.

Sux d00d. Sorry to hear.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I dont have the tools or a good place to work because i cant properly lift the car... i already called a friend mechanic and he`ll take care of it. I tried to do it myself because its a best way to learn something new
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

its good that you tried. Hope your friend doesnt charge you too much!

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          its good that you tried. Hope your friend doesnt charge you too much!
          Well... mazda`s service wants 600 Kuna (croatian money) for only one side, and that is around 90$. The other one is still ok but it wont be too long until the rubber brakes apart. Everything is much cheaper then the dealership
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you can't get enough!

Comment

That is cheap. A new axle is around 60 bux here. I think that some local shops want 200 ish per side for replacement and the dealer want something like 700 a side or so.

Comment

buy penitrating lube (an I'm not talkin KY) soak down every nut and bolt on yur car...trust me, its a good thing to do! By doing this you will protect from ferther seizing, and make future repairs a lil less stressfull. But if penitrating lube an a cheat bar aren't enough, or if yur gonna snap ****...ther's always the tourches!
              '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
              Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I'm gonna have to side with the man on this one, buy some tools and do it yourself. If your p/s rubber boot is about to go you can replace just the boot, not sure about Croatian parts-stores though
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

don't know if u already repaired the thing but one thing is sure, you can't remove the axle nut (the big nut in the middle of the wheel) manually. Go to a garage and ask them to untie it with their hydrolic wrenches. Then, go slowly home, otherwise you will destroy your bearing, remove it and do the rest.
                  After repairs, tie the nut back as strong as you can and go slowly to a garage to tie it completely with their tools. You can give him 5$ for the whole.
                  I did this 5 times this summer, for whatever reasons and it didn't cost me a penny in work.

Comment

Originally posted by 323driver
                    don't know if u already repaired the thing but one thing is sure, you can't remove the axle nut (the big nut in the middle of the wheel) manually.
                    yes you can. It has been done. Easy no. Possible? yes.

Go to a garage and ask them to untie it with their hydrolic wrenches. Then, go slowly home, otherwise you will destroy your bearing, remove it and do the rest.
                    After repairs, tie the nut back as strong as you can and go slowly to a garage to tie it completely with their tools. You can give him 5$ for the whole.
                    I did this 5 times this summer, for whatever reasons and it didn't cost me a penny in work.
                    wow. I dont know what to say. Driving even slowly I would think to be bad for your bearing period. If it works for you great, but i wouldn't reccomend that to people.

Comment

Driveaxle hub locknut 174-235 ft-lbs Torque
                      I've played with these things so much, its not even funny!
                      A good "cheatbar" and a lil elbow grease and they're no biggie!!
                      I do everything myself, that way I know exactly whats up with my ride at all times, and save a ****load of money to!!!
                      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

ok, with real good tools, it's possible. With the **** socket i rented for free at the store, the socket would just jump off if pulled with a pipe.

Comment

go to home depot and buy a set of husky air tools.
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ok, with real good tools, it's possible. With the **** socket i rented for free at the store, the socket would just jump off if pulled with a pipe.
                            you can buy the right size six point socket at Canadian Tire for around 5 bucks...werks great!

sigpic

Comment

that's "a bit more" expensive though but for the future, good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X