Electric Boost Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Boost Controllers

Any suggestions on what kind of electronic boost controller to get? Does anybody know exactly how it works and how it functions?
    -Robert
    '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

only one i know of is the hks one. i hear electronic boost controllers are the best cause they spool up quicker then normal boost controllers.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I have an Apexi AVC-R, I have not yet installed it yet, but the main thing that it allows, is that you can have different settings, ie. standard cruise say like 12 lbs and a performance set to something like 18-20 lbs. The other thing it allows you to do is variable boost setting throughout the rev range as well as per gear. I plan on installing it over the winter...

90 Protege GT(x)

Comment

A cheap one that works great is the GReddy Profec B (older model). It has a high and low setting, and allows you to set a overboost and overtake button.
        -Braden
        '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

hey spoolinpro, did those 450cc injectors help at all?
          James G.
          sobe83@yahoo.com
          MySpace
          Cardomain
          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
            hey spoolinpro, did those 450cc injectors help at all?
            Well I've had them from the beginning of my turbo installation, so I couldn't really tell you the difference between that and smaller ones. Btw, nice sig pics!
            -Robert
            '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by turboge
              A cheap one that works great is the GReddy Profec B (older model). It has a high and low setting, and allows you to set a overboost and overtake button.
              I agree. Profec B old model is well liked. New model could be complicated to set/adjust.
              1st gen Protege EL meter installed. Check out page 9 of my ride at the below link.

Check out my ride.
              Check out the Souped Up Custom Ford; Big Brother of My Car.

Comment

im getting a profec b tommorrow.
                James G.
                sobe83@yahoo.com
                MySpace
                Cardomain
                <BR>

Comment

the profec b works great, and fits perfectly in that slot under the hazard light button (if you dont have anything there). it took me about 1 hour to put in without any instructions, the only part that took me the longest was running the wiring through the firewall n such.
                  James G.
                  sobe83@yahoo.com
                  MySpace
                  Cardomain
                  <BR>

Comment

Working...
                  X