Riddle me this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riddle me this!

Ok, to make a long story short, my modded 323 and stock protege can go about the same speed around the same corner.

The 323 has eibach springs, zx2 struts, and 17X7" wheels with Kumho tires.

The protege is BONE stock with some Eagle tires (50% tread).

The protege just feels so neutral and preditable, the 323 feels light and darty.

Any ideas? I was thinking about getting some light-ass 15x7" wheels and some Azeins
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

the Protege's sedan design, by nature is more rigid than the 323 hatchback and thats a major factor.

The trunk weight helps plant that rear end I think it may even feel more balanced because of it, the weight is more evenly distributed over the wheels.

Comment

and because the Protege absolutely ****ing OWNS!!
      Eat ****.

Comment

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Weak!!!
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

all the suspension work in the world *MAY* bump you up ~.1 G faster around a corner as long as you stick to street tires. Working out the actual speed of that, depending on the radius of the curve, is probably only 2-3 mph quicker through the turn.

I'd also estimate the alignments are a tad different.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
              all the suspension work in the world *MAY* bump you up ~.1 G faster around a corner as long as you stick to street tires. Working out the actual speed of that, depending on the radius of the curve, is probably only 2-3 mph quicker through the turn.

I'd also estimate the alignments are a tad different.
              Well, yea, I think I do need the car aligned... but either way I'm pretty bummed about that.

Maybe when I get time I'll do a video showing what I mean for both cars.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

please bear in mind the fact the the protege is gods gift to car kind. this car has been endowed with the best of everything, and with modest investments can own all. thank you god, for giving us this car

Comment

i don't believe in god, eitherwise this magnificent piece of **** wouldn't be in the shop every month :p: !! just kidding of course, but can't you just strap some sand bags to the back of the car to make up the difference ? but honestly, does the radius of your wheels make a difference in the ACTUAL amount of speed you travel? i remember being told your car seems slower, and with the 17's, it your speedometer is thrown off a bit? my judgement is clouded by confusion, will somebody clear this up for me?
                  peace

Comment

Yes, your speedo can be thrown off, but I think the diameter was off by like .3% or something miniscule like that. It's not as much a problem of 'speed' as the protege just FEELS better handling the turn.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                      i don't believe in god, eitherwise this magnificent piece of **** wouldn't be in the shop every month :p:
                      hey bo, its not my or gods fault u cant drive/maintain ur car properly

Comment

Working...
                      X