High preformance brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High preformance brakes

Is there such a thing as high preformance brake shoes? I know that satisfied pro makes a set of "bonded" shoes. I have never heard of bonded brake material is that like stock or something.

What Im really looking for is a pad/shoe with really high modulation (doesnt lock up easily). What material should I be looking into? Is it possible to have a break with better modulation then stock, if not Ill just get new stock pads.

I ask becuase I test drove a new jetta a few days ago, and all I can say is dam. The acceleration was pretty pathetic but the braking was awsome, with just a small tap the whole thing kinda stopped cold, didnt even feel any abs going on. I want that!

call up Cobalt or Carbotech and talk to the engineers there. They'll have a pad that works for you.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Im having some troubles tracking down cobalt (looks like the sites down), Carbotech however wants $110 for front pads.

Ill keep looking and try to get some specs on some more mainstream pads. The lx seems kinda limited in options though.

Comment

you're asking for custom pads, what are you expecting to pay?

Cobalt's phone number is 877 562 9237

and anyway, if you want more modulation, add traction
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
        X