Brake light coming on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light coming on?

What does it mean if my brake light come on and off when I press on the brakes hard or corner hard?
    2005 Velocity Red RX8 GT 6 Speed
    My second 88' CRX HF Hybrid , gutted, mildly Built B16A + many extras.

Check the fluid level.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Brake fluid is half way between minimum and full.

Comment

Check your parking brake setup. It happened to me once.
        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

check the parking brake how? When I pull up on it it comes on and when I push it down it comes off and if i shake the e brake handle the light does not blink or anything. And now that it has gotten cold here lately the lights tays on the whole time I'm driving. What would cold weather have to do with it?

Comment

Top off the brake fluid to full, see if it still happens. The light comes on when the "low" level sensor is activated. During high Gs (hehe) the fluid will slush around. Did you ever notice how the low fuel light can go on or off depending on if you're on a hill or if you brake hard? It's the same thing.

Also, this might be a sign your brakes are starting to get worn, as the fluid has to be pushed out further into the caliper to get the pads to contact the rotor.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

BRIZAKE FLUID.........made mine calm down.......then i had changed the brakes and calipers....nice ride now!
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Brake fluid.

I don't know why I even posted, seems like you folks had it under control.

Comment

Wonder if the problem was solved??
                  "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
                  X