cd player wont cut on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd player wont cut on..

I checked the fuses on the cd player and in the car. i just got a new battery, and before i replaced the battery it would shut off and on, until i revved or start moving and the batery charged up. But last nite while i was replaceing my speakers it cutoff...and hasnt cut back on since. Is it soemthin on th car or the cd player? Cuz i can return it and get another no problem.

any thing else i should check?

does the cd player display not light up at all.. or is the signal to the speakers not there? ie lights up, functions fine, but no sound? if the cd player display doesn't light up at all, i would check your wiring harness and recheck every fuse in your interior fuse panel. if the cd player just doesn't play sound but still functions eitherwise, take apart the door panels again and make sure your wires and connectors aren't grounding out on the vehicle itself. aside from these, just get a new head unit since you can still exchange it. the symptoms you mentioned are directly inline with having a dieing battery, i wouldn't blame your car for being the source of the problem just yet.
    kevin

Comment

No functions cut on at all. Ill recheck all the fuses tommorrow. if that doesnt do it, than ill jsut return it..

Comment

If it shut off when you were installing speakers, I'd check fuses first.

Comment

IF it only plays when the car is moving (higher RPMS), then it sounds like an electrical problem with the car. How are the other electrical components doing in your car? Do you have a radar detector or any other device that will cut on when powered up? If the wires are connected securely, then chances are there is a problem with either the alternator and/or battery. You can take it to an auto part store and have them test it for free to see if that is the case. I am assuming there are no other applications to the stereo (amp, etc.). That would be my best guess as to why the radio cuts in and out.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Loose wire in the harness....problem solved. I redid every wire and after the 3rd time it caem on. THanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Glad to see it wasn't any thing major.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

i blew 3 fuses tryin to find out...sucks that fuse sets, only come with one of each...6$ and now i have about 3 of each other fuses i will prob never use.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                  i blew 3 fuses tryin to find out...sucks that fuse sets, only come with one of each...6$ and now i have about 3 of each other fuses i will prob never use.
                  it's never a bad idea to have spare fuses around

the DA

Comment

Working...
                  X