Pop from speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop from speakers

This morning I was drving to school and decided to turn up the tunes a bit. I turn the volume to 36 and whenever the base hit I got this really bad popping sound.

Usually I turn the volume to 46 (for refrence) and I dont get any kind of distortion or anything. What just happed, did I blow my speakers, these are already aftermarket pioneer 6x9's just being run on headunit power, although the headunit is a blaupunkt monte carlo 15 watt rms.

Suggestions; I just got a new 25x4 watt rms amp. I was going to bridge front and back and use it to run the new front speakers but if the head unit is the problem I can use it for all 4 speakers.

What do you guys think time for new speakers, in that case what would be good cheap filler?

your 6x9's have hit the dust most likely, as far as speaker or amp recommendations.. i'll get back to you

Comment

Rockford makes great basic 6x9s... I have them and I love them. The one's I've got can handle up to 150 watts and play down to 30hz. And they cost me $130 for the pair two years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X