This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door mouldings

what does it look like beneth the door mouldings. what im asking is; if you pop the stupid lil moulding off, is there glue that holds it on, clips, is there a indentation. is it removeable? has anyone done this yet. will it need to be filled underneith, shaved? i will be getting rid of those dumb mouldings and getting a suprise/secret paintjob that will make even kdawgone jealous
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Door molding are taped on. If you want to remove them, take floss, or fishing line, and slide right under them. You would just need to do some cleaning after that, adheseve removal, and give it a good buff with so there is not a lot of color discoloration (remember that the paint underneath never saw sunlight compared to the rest of the car). As far as for pics, go to www.cardomain.com and search for 1995-1998 Proteges, and you just might find some with removed moldings.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

What exactly are you talking about when you say door moulding though? There are so many things that could be door moulding.
      ED
      '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
      Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
      WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

good chance he was jus referring to the little strips along the side of the door that make an attempt to prevent parkinglot dings

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
          good chance he was jus referring to the little strips along the side of the door that make an attempt to prevent parkinglot dings

yes! exactly! so what you're saying is that it is a smooth flat surface under them
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

yes i do believe that it is just a flat smooth surface. no clips no holes and all you have to do is clean up the area cuz i am sure you would leave some residue from the double adhesive tape.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego
              yes! exactly! so what you're saying is that it is a smooth flat surface under them
              Yes, thats what he is saying, thats what I was saying.
              "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                yes i do believe that it is just a flat smooth surface. no clips no holes and all you have to do is clean up the area cuz i am sure you would leave some residue from the double adhesive tape.
                sweet.!!!!!!!!! what a great idea and a cheep mod. its so subtle but looks soooo cool pics soon

Comment

Working...
                X