Junkyard parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard parts list

I sat down the other nite, with pen and paper in hand, and made myself a list. Its a list of everything I want to look for the next time I go to the junkyard. Holy ****, it was so much longer than I expected. Most of it is just little stuff (that can fit in my pocket..ahem) not all of it is must have though. Here we go:
    • Puddle light covers
    • condensor fan
    • OEM spoiler (preferably same color as my car w/trunk lid cause mine is dented up)
    • 90-93 passenger headlight (box shaped one)
    • Dash and center console pieces (I'm thinkin about painting the interior and want a backup if I don't like it.)
    • MX3 seats front and rear
    • Black MX3 carpet
    • Seatbelt domajiggers that hold the belt up (you guys know what I mean)
    • Rear seat brackets (took mine off awhile back and lost them)
    • Screw that holds down spare tire
    • OEM intake pipe
    • Same color rear bumper in good shape (mine has gouges in it)
    • 1 bolt that holds down the seats
    • Front driver caliper bolt
    • Door panels
    • Switches in gauge bezel
    • Inside door opener handles
    • Misc. screws, fasteners, etc..
    • Dome light
    • OEM floor mats
    • 94 exhaust manifold (supposed to be "header" style, just curious to see if any gains are to be had.)
    • Screw hole caps on plastic trim below winshield
    • Front grill

Thats about all I can think of for now. Does anyone else have a list?
    Last edited by Marc93lx; 10-03-2003, 01:11 AM.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

why are you getting a front grill? you aren't going to replace the mesh one are you, cause that one is so much better looking than the stock grill.
    '91 323 SE
    Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
    <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

My list is pretty small right now, but I find something new almost every day...

- Steering wheel screws
      - Horn foam pad
      - Power window switch
      - Seatbelt holders for my protege
      - Turn signal & W.W. assembly from an LX with cover and screws
      - (edit) Mounting rails for the LX console that I got last time.

That's about it right now. I also need to get a thicker-awg wire to get for my seat rail sliders. And I need washers or something to jack up the insides of the seats about 3/4" or so, they're slanty.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Why do you need a thicker gauge wire for your seat sliders? Are they not working correctly?
        Scott
        '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
        '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
        '98 Volvo V70 T5
        '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by beachnut
          Why do you need a thicker gauge wire for your seat sliders? Are they not working correctly?
          Well, I have NO wire there right now... I just said 'thicker' because it's a bit thicker than most wire

I can adjust the seats, but it's the worst PITA ever. Have to hold the lever, and then stick my finger along the opposite rail and pull the tab up, and then slide... I'll probably lose a finger one of these days!!! Plus it's really tough to do as you're sitting in the seat.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

hm, seems my car has a few similar needs\wants...
            - drivers side lap belt ..uh... thing (it holds the belt up so you can reach it... mine broke a few months ago and it's a bitch reaching down there to grab it...)
            - drivers side puddle light cover (it looks weird without it)
            - front ash tray (why was it missing in the first place?)
            - MX3 black carpet. (mmh, hoping to someday have an all black interior)
            - a low spoiler that will fit (white, preferably) from a pro or an EGT... maybe something else if i *know* it'll work
            - tinted glass sunroof (doubtful i'll find one, but it's worth a try... i don't like the plain metal one...)

i have a feeling i'm not gonna be able to find ANY of that...
            but hey, it's worth a try... once i have the money...
            justin
            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Well, thanks to Dave my junkyard parts list keeps getting shorter and shorter! I am still looking for a front passenger door panel from a '93-'94 LX in black. I figure if I say it enough times here maybe someone will find one and remember me!
              Scott
              '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
              '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
              '98 Volvo V70 T5
              '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by mustangjosh67
                why are you getting a front grill? you aren't going to replace the mesh one are you, cause that one is so much better looking than the stock grill.
                No, I want to redo it. There are a few "imperfections" that are bugging me.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

1. rear spoiler
                  2. trunk
                  3.manual seatbelts from a canadian model.
                  4.5th alloy rim for full size spare
                  5.mx3 seats.
                  6. spare Lx transaxile
                  7.Egt fog light button
                  8.mx3 carpet
                  9 haltech e6k

Comment

between my 3 proteges there not a part i need to go in serch for

BUT

my 92 DX has alot of those things and like you said MARC93lx
                    would fix in you pocket or an emvolope, so if you cant snag one or cant find what your looking for give me a pm ill slip some of that **** in a bag and ship er off to ya for minimal charge

my contrabution to the pro community , 1st gen community

click the link in my sig......
                    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                    X