1993 Mazda Protege LX - IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Mazda Protege LX - IL

It's located in Peoria, IL, but I could arrange possible delivery at a location between Peoria, IL and Philadelphia, PA as I am driving there for Christmas.

As much as it is going to kill me to sell this thing, it has to be done. It looks like I will be transfered in the near future and I need to reduce the fleet. It was purchased new by my father and I purchased it from him because I didn't want to let the car go. It's an absolute blast to drive.

Specs:
    Color is like a candy apple red
    Grey interior
    1.8L DOHC
    5speed manual
    130,000mi
    Aluminum wheels
    Yokohoma Tires
    Sunroof,
    4wheel disk,
    Power Locks
    Power Windows
    AC blows ice cold

It has always maintenanced/serviced at the Mazda Dealer w/ Mazda parts, and I have all the service records since new. Mobil 1 synthetic has been used since new. It basically runs and drives like a new car. It's fast and it handles great. I was hoping to keep it and maybe start autocrossing and a possible BPT swap, but I have 6 vehicles and this one has to go--Corporations usually aren't big on moving 6 cars to your new location. It's never been raced or even really run hard for that matter, just used as a daily commuter.

Both my father and I are religious about keeping the cars looking great, and the aesthetic condition of the car is pretty good. It has the occasional door nick and ding, but people that see it are absolutely amazed at it's condition and age.

This car has no modifications and everything works. I'll try and get some pictures posted later. It could still serve as a great daily driver, for autocross, or a BPT swap.

$3000 OBO

If interested, reply to the post, and let me know your email. I'll shoot you any information you're after

Whoa... $3000 is really high, you'll be lucky to get $2,000 IMHO.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I found some poor quality pictures, but they give the idea. I can get some more detailed pictures if anyone's interested. It's never been in an accident or anything either.

And just for clarification... OBO = Or best offer
      Attached Files

Comment

I just realized I didn't include my email: broncobreese@yahoo.com

Comment

I guess North Carolina isn't exactly on your way, is it?
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

That's a really nice looking 1st gen! BUMP cause I like the color
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Dragging this thing back to PA on a car trailer is not a problem. North Carolina is not out of the question if you would consider a half way meeting between PA and NC. I'm only 4 hours from Richmond. Shoot me an email--I'd like to see this thing get to a good home.

Comment

Dammit, finally get one near me and its priced like this..>See what I'm talking about guys. And what do you know, right around christmas time. Nice car though dude.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Meb, if you still have it after the first of the year, Im going to hit you up so stick around here.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Well the move is on, so $2600

Comment

boy I thought somebody would bite on the nicest protege I have ever seen. Or at the least thrown out a low ball offer.

$2250 OBO

Comment

i may be iterested because mine got totalled last night. i have to see how much i get from insurance. does it run perfect. i mean it will give me no problem driving it back to florida
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

thats a BEAUTIFUL protege!! my frenz think im crazy when i snap my head around everytime i see a 1st gen... lol... im from bloomington man, good to know there are some local pro ppl!!
                          "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
                          - Chick McGee

Comment

still in the IL area? i'd be interested for between 1000-1500

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
                            email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
                            Phone :: (847) 223-6890
                            Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

Is this thing still for sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X