my sad sad headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my sad sad headlights

well im driving my protege at night for the first time in about 8 months, and i hit the lights... my car must have been sad sitting all alone in my driveway, because both my headlights are aiming at the ground about 2 feet in front of my car

im going to try and fix this tomorrow, but as a precaution, has anyone done this before? gimme step by step plz
    Serenity's Dead.

The Haynes manual has instructions on where the aiming screws are, I believe
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

You'll know them when you see them.
      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

yea the haynes manual tell you how to do it
        ay least mine does
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

...why is it every time i try and do someting simple, i mess up. I TOOK APART THE ENTIRE HEADLIGHT ASSEBLY, only to discover its the 2 SCREWS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GODDAM FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however in doing this i did take out my corner lights, and one was already cracked, so.... SMASHY SMASHY and VOILA, clear corners!!!
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
            however in doing this i did take out my corner lights, and one was already cracked, so.... SMASHY SMASHY and VOILA, clear corners!!!
            heh, seems to be the latest craze. personally, i've re-aimed my headlights maybe 10 or 12 times to get it right with those damn blue frosted bulbs i have. just use the two adjustment screws and you'll get them to where they need to be... just becareful and never try and swap the housing off of the bracket if you ever have to remove the headlight for a repair.. ie a new bumper, as they most likely WON'T be going back on unless you use TREMENDOUS care.
            peace

Comment

the only problem is, seing as the orange lense i bashed off was held on by a strong black goop of some sort, i now have a trench of black goop going around my "clear corners"

here's what i might do. im thinking ill find either some glo in the dark tubing that will fit in the tranch and have a ring of ? colored light around my turn signals (im hoping white neon) OR if anyone has any suggestions on something white and filling to put in the trench, (AND THAT IS JUST TOO EASY OF A JOKE, I KNOW YOUR THINKING IT!!!!!) or anything else thatll be able to fill it
              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

eh, as far as adding lighting that isn't stock, i'd be careful with law enforcement! personally, i think white neon string along the outter edge would look cool, but realize, it's one more thing to wire, you'll have to have a transformer of sorts tucked behind the headlight, it will have to be water proof and handle some heavy duty ****in adhesive to stick to the housing. i don't know, personally never destoryed a clear corner on purpose. i lost one due to an accident, but never picked it up off the road. eh, who knows.. good luck
                peace

Comment

i was thinking neon tubing that gets its glow from sunlight, nothing electric.
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

i think like cat eyes for your corner lenses would be pimp

Comment

i was thinking neon tubing that gets its glow from sunlight, nothing electric.
                      So it'd always be lit? I think I'd probably go for something like white pinstriping if it'll fit. Plus neon can be ricey if done wrong. I never liked early-mid 90's cars with neon. It can be good if done right, I never seem to like it on the exterior.

I think from a legal standpoint the tubing that gets its glow from the sunlight is legal since there's no external power source but I'd check with local officials. I think your best bet is probably vinyl or pinstripping. Can you take a picture of it?
                      2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                      1987 Mazda 323
                      1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

ive taken some pics, but i dont have a digital, so i gotta get them developed.

what if i took of the clead signal lenses, and painted them all black except for the metallica symbol?you know the ninja star?

thats what i have on my tint so its kinda the theme of the car. ad mabye put red bulbs or mabye blue?
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

ive taken some pics, but i dont have a digital, so i gotta get them developed.

what if i took of the clead signal lenses, and painted them all black except for the metallica symbol?you know the ninja star?

thats what i have on my tint so its kinda the theme of the car. ad mabye put red bulbs or mabye blue?
                          Well red and blue bulbs are going to probably be illegal (I know they are in Wisconsin, indicators have to be orange light here) I know people have also gotten tickets for partially covering them. If you did do the metallica symbol, do it in vinyl as well. Paint is permanent and if you sell the car, the next person will still be representing metallica.
                          2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                          1987 Mazda 323
                          1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

stupidity kills....
                            Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                            Beige 1994 Protege DX
                            Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

...as does intolerance
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment