Air/Fuel Gauge help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air/Fuel Gauge help

I was hopin someone out there could tell me how to install an Air/Fuel Gauge. I bought one but can figure out where exactly i need to connect the wire to...any help would be great...

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

air/fuel gauges are pointless and most of the time not too accurate. you can tell if your running rich or lean by monitoring exhaust temp and O2 sensor voltage( these two are the most accurate)

Comment

Yeah you don't even need one in a boosted car. I removed mine.

Comment

y r they always unaccurate ? i dont understand that concept...i thought getting it would be useful for raising boost...

Comment

get a exhaust manifold prob so you can monitor the exhaust temp, it the best way to see rich and lean.....hot=lean cool=rich basically and watch the o2 sensor voltage... high voltage=lean low=rich

Comment

Yeah my EGT is tapped into the manifold. I get alot better readings from it than I ever did from the air/fuel gauge.

Comment

ok...but how exactly is it unacurate? is it slow or something?

Comment

the link didnt work...do u know which wire i need to splice into like the blue or black or the other color that is at the O2 sensor?

Comment

You will need a wideband to get accurate A/f ratio readings. They are way more expensive, but they are as accurate as a dyno. A must for a tuner and a good tool for everyone else.

If you e-mail Cullen and tell him I sent you he may give you a deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X