FS: 92 Protege w/BPT Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 92 Protege w/BPT Swap

Contact: A.J. Brown, (937) 626-5999 or via email aj AT motorsportconnect.com

I've decided to sell my protege, as after letting it sit for a little over a year, I've decided I need to recover some debt and start over. I've put a lot of time and effort into this car, but I've decided I want a different setup. I'm going to use the money to pay off my credit card (which still holds a balance from purchases related to the car) and start the hunt for that "perfect" project car. So, my loss will be someone else's gain.

$2600 w/o uninstalled itmes, $2900 w/ uninstalled items. At the current state, it does not start. This is ONLY because the ignition wiring needs to be redone and reconfigured. It started when I was using the stock ignition, but I pulled that out when I got the new ingition box and coil. I'm willing to get it started before selling it, but the price will go up at that time.

This is a very good price, IMHO. If you take a look at what I paid, You're really only paying for the Engine and ECU.

(Prices next to items are what I paid for them)

Items already installed:
    • Red 1992 DX Chassis
      Has a small dent on the driver's side fender, and on the hood near the grille. The truck lock was also popped off by a would-be theif, so I've been working on shaving it (I will finish that up before selling it). Before someone banged up the fender, it was repainted by Maaco. The paint actually looks pretty good for a Maaco job. The grille was hacked up, but I'm providing a replacement grille -- it's grey so it needs to be repainted to your liking.
    • Mazda BP-26 (BPT) Turbocharged Engine (~$1200)
      In great condition. And yes, it does start! Though my project isn't completed, I did manage to get it started on the stock ignition afew months ago to verify the engine. The valve cover has been painted red with black lettering to match the car. It has brand new spark plugs, wires, distributor, alternator, starter, valve cover gasket, PCV, oil filter, fuel hoses, and other small accessories I may be leaving out. Everything you would normally get in a BPT purchase (except ECU -- see below) is on the engine.
    • Haltech E6K Stand Alone Engine Management System w/Harness ($1120)
      Primary components are already wired to the engine (enough to get it started, as mentioned earlier). You will need to hook up additional components (such as OS Sensor/Simulator, Temperature Sensors, etc). For an additional price, I can include a cheap laptop for connecting to the Haltech.
    • MSD 6a Ignition Controller (~$80)
    • MSD Blaster SS Ignition Coil (~$40)
    • Flyin Miata Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator (~$250)
    • Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump (~$100)
    • Commando Alarms Security System (~$300)
      Includes knock sensor, motion sensor, two-way pager system, trunk release, and extended range antenna. The alarm will need to be reprogrammed. Since I haven't tested it in over a year, I can't verify the functionallity of it -- all I know is it worked well when the car ran and I have not intentionally removed any components (other than the trunk release) since.
    Uninstalled Items:
    • Mitsubishi Starion Front Mount Intercooler (~$200)
    • TurboXS RFL Anti-Surge Valve (BOV) (~$120)
    • Fiberglassed Wheel-well subwoofer box (Custom)
      Built to hold a JL 15w0. Works GREAT! This is the second box I built for this car. Unfortunately, this one does not have the side panels which makes the box flush with the bottom of the car. I can build these for an additional fee. You can see my FIRST box on cardomain at http://members.cardomain.com/loginology. This box is carpeted Black, flush mounted sub (no raised area), with a standard 15" cutout.
    • Cheap 200w Jensen Amp (~$100)
      If you get a JL 15w0, this amp will push it fine. I was very satisfied with the sound of my setup.
    • A few mandrel bends (~$50)
      If you're planning no doing your own piping, throw these in
    • 2.5" Magnaflow High-Flow Catalytic Converter (~$75)
    What you need to complete the project (at minimum):
    • Custom intake piping
    • Custom exhaust (Recommended 2.5" - 3")
    • O2 Sensor or Simulator (Recommended Simulator)
    • Boost and A/F Ratio Guages (Also recommended fuel pressure guage)
    • Securing and hiding of ECU wires
    Known Issues
    • IS NOT DRIVABLE -- This is a project car that has not been completed. You will NOT be able to drive it home. It will need to be towed.
    • Dent in driver side front fender
    • Radiator has been cheaply repaired
      Epoxy was used to repair a crack in the radiator, and is visible in the engine bay. This epoxy held up for over a year in harsh driving conditions, but I would recommend replacing the radiator. Cracking is a known problem with the cheap plastic endtakned mazda radiators . I recommend getting a radiator with metal endtanks.
    • Trunk lock has been removed and shaved, after it was damaged by a would-be theif.
    • Using the SOHC Tranny
      This tranny will blow if the boost is turned up. You will want to get the G series tranny (from a DOHC)

I will post pictures when I get home. I don't want to let her go, but I think it's time I can't let it sit around for another 6 months.
    Last edited by FineWine; 12-02-2004, 09:32 AM.
    Current Cars
    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Also, I will consider parting it out, but I will need to have buyers for most of the parts before I'm willing to disassemble anything. It'll be much easier for someone who wants a BPT to just buy the entire thing.
    Current Cars
    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road

Comment

subscribing to thread

interested in parts if you part it out. I will watch the thread for updates.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

any pics yet
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i would buy the whole car but i just bought a auto lx so i wanted to know if you part it out then ill take the bpt engine, harness ecu and all the parts to make my auto a 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
            any pics yet
            Sorry guys, I got caught up in something last night and couldn't take the pics! I'll get them to you this evening.

Originally posted by nismo87r
            i wanted to know if you part it out then ill take the bpt engine, harness ecu and all the parts to make my auto a 5 speed
            It might be easier to take the entire thing, and swap the parts out yourself. I'm not really adding any value for the body, just because I pretty much got it for cheap anyway (this was my first car, paid for by my parents). If I can't sell the entire thing, we can work something out though.
            Last edited by FineWine; 12-03-2004, 08:43 AM.
            Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

finewine i changed my name it was nismo87r now its 92prolx. i live in southern cali i dont know where you live but it might be to much to ship the whole car? you can instant message me at nismo87b12 on aol or yahoo so that we can talk
              anybody need a job? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/adg/163821642.html

Comment

If you're paying for it, I don't have a problem doing whatever's necessary to have it shipped. There are some flatbed services out there that will do it -- I'm not sure how much it'll run though.

I'm in Dayton, OH
                Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Too bad this won't happen after all this time.
                  My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                  - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

here some pics to start. I still need to get good up-to-date pics. Nothing has changed as far as the cars looks, and I still have all of the parts you see in the pics.

http://www.motorsportconnect.net/gal...otege_selling/
                    Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

bump. I've got more pics to post tonight
                      Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Bump-d-Bump
                        Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Going once
                          Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

$2300 takes it
                            Current Cars

Past Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                            X