Pacesetter catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacesetter catback

Yea i have it, yea it rusted out like will said it would but i had no choice back when i first got my car. My request is, anyone that has had this system rust out on them, could you put a IN or something in this thread. Im currently talking to a real rep of teh company about how common this is and hes tryin to work something out.

mine rusted out within 4-5 months of having it. The spring was rainy and ****ty. No salt contributed to it which made it a head scratcher. the rust was so bad, it had created like this chippy stuff so the damaged parts couldnt be welded back together. Removal was another P.I.T.A since the bolts on the flanges were rusted intact.
    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

my muffler and piping rusted out within a year...i then had to pay 200 dollars to have new piping put in, and 240 for a new muffler+install tell them to eat that ****

Comment

93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

but you cant deny, the thing looks sexy when you first get it

Comment

it does look tight when u get it...then it rusts off and it looks not very tight

Comment

I almost went close to one, then heard some of Wil's Comments and ran like a bat out of hell......

I tend to hear that most of the pacesetter items are crappy.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Everyone I have ever heard of having one, had it rust in a few months tops.
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Why do people like these things anyway? I'm sure you could get a much better exhaust for your money, performance-wise. If you're buying it for the sound, save your money. A screwdriver through your stock muffler will still give you that sound you are looking for! (jk jk... Although I'm sure people try it all the time!)
                  ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Said NO to the Pacesetter....

Thanks to everybody for talking me out of the Pacesetter cat-back.

Jeez the aftermarket is WEAK for early Proteges!

Guess I'll start saving for a P5....

Cheers

Comment

Re: Said NO to the Pacesetter....

Originally posted by CerealkillerJST
                      Thanks to everybody for talking me out of the Pacesetter cat-back.

Jeez the aftermarket is WEAK for early Proteges!

Guess I'll start saving for a P5....

Cheers
                      worthlessness
                      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

The aftermarket is perfectly fine for first gens.

If you want bolt-on mufflers, clear corners, and altezzas, get a p5.

If you really want a nice muffler though, you can get them, and get a muffler shop (not Meineke) to do it for you. It might be a little bit tougher with these cars but I think it's worth it.
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                          The aftermarket is perfectly fine for first gens.

If you want bolt-on mufflers, clear corners, and altezzas, get a p5.

If you really want a nice muffler though, you can get them, and get a muffler shop (not Meineke) to do it for you. It might be a little bit tougher with these cars but I think it's worth it.
                          y are you going to save to get a "better, newer" car that has a weaker engine, crappier suspension, and is significantly slower, by all means, go with the pro 5. Otherwise, stay original and mod ur car, which is a great base

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                            y are you going to save to get a "better, newer" car that has a weaker engine, crappier suspension, and is significantly slower, by all means, go with the pro 5. Otherwise, stay original and mod ur car, which is a great base
                            I'm going to have to disagree with you on the crappier suspension / significantly slower aspect
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              I'm going to have to disagree with you on the crappier suspension / significantly slower aspect
                              The P5 has a nice suspension, but you can make a 1gen do sub 13's with a single engine swap...

As for the aftermarket of the protege. What did you expect? were you expecting the aftermarket like the civic? We build our aftermarket. most protege owners or proud of the fact that they had to customized something to make it fit, or that they are getting true custom, hand fabricated parts. We do have an aftermarket, you just have to look in the right places to find it.
                              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                              So his engine he goosed
                              With much too much boost,
                              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                              X