taillight options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taillight options

I have the stock '93 tallights (the ones with the grooves and big rounded reflectors\license plate lights), and i really dislike them...

what kinds of custom tails does everybody have?
    i want something flatter and less... red...
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

You could always look for the 90-91 style.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Re: taillight options

Originally posted by sixhex

i want something flatter and less... red...
      As Charles already suggested you might want to look into the 90-91 tailights. They are flatter, but have the same amount of redness Here's a pic of what they look like:

Wanna trade?
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Maybe lights like this may strike your fancy.

Adam
        1991 Protege GTR
        #1739 of 2500
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

when are you going to do a how to

Comment

i personally like the lights the way they are.

on a side note, boosted, dont u think those stripes are a little rice?
            Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
              i personally like the lights the way they are.

on a side note, boosted, dont u think those stripes are a little rice?
              Who cares, he has a GTR. That cancels it out. :D
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

rice? bro, this thing will take uncle ben's 5 minute rice and burn it into 12.7 seconds FLAT! it's vynl, woud come off if he chose to, but on his particular car, looks AWESOME. personally, i only think you could do that on adam's car and get away with it. he's got one of the fastest protege's on this club. now say if he had a twin stripe going down the center, might look a bit . but at anyrate, my personal opinion seeing and being in the car, it's a wonderful car, and the stripe only adds to it. the tail lights may be a bit dark, but hey, at least they're still legal. ricey?? by no means, that thing is a ****in BEAST!
                peace
                p.s. also have to give proper respect to wil's festiva, that things a beast as well
                Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2003, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I'll admit, the stripe is a lil rice, but I chose the offset stripe instead of the dual stripes down the center cuz that's what the European touring cars/rally cars use and they are set up as a well balanced car that can corner well. My car used to be set up very well before my GTR motor. Now the car is just sick. I'm still tryin to get used to it. I've had the motor for a little over a month now and I'm still tuning and working out bugs. And, I'm not complainin cuz everyone's got their opinion. I realize that not everyone is going to like everything I did to my car so it's all good.

As far as my tailights, I will be repainting them soon cuz I never clearcoated them originally, so after almost 2 years I will be redoing them. I'll see if I can do some kind of a how-to on them.

Adam
                  1991 Protege GTR
                  #1739 of 2500
                  1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                  MODS:
                  GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                  TO DO LIST:
                  EDM/JDM rear bumper
                  Repaint car

Comment

yeh bro, your protege gtr is pretty much everything i want my protege to be.
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

KiddX: Well, what kinda plans do you have for your Protege?
                      If you look at my car, most of the stuff is simple things here and there.

Adam
                      1991 Protege GTR
                      #1739 of 2500
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      Repaint car

Comment

i just want something that i can be proud of. id like a good suspension setup so as to handle well. im thinking struts and sways from corksport. once i sell the eclipse i have now (what a slow POS) im going down to a friends shop and having 2" catback made, and a high flow cat. later on i want to put on the genie headers (they seem alot better then pacesetter) then ill build up the engine. my uncle was a mazda mech for about 25 years so he knows my car in and out (swapped my engine in 5 hours). so ill have him help me with all the engine stuff. my goal is a 14 second n/a, with good track capabilitys. if i cared about looks id keep the eclipse, i care about speed.

also i really want taillights like yours, ive seen it on a few of our cars and i like it alot.
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

you could get the familia garnish and remove the humps in the taillights..Jon

Comment

no doubt boosted's pro is killer, maybe im just not appreciating the stripes cause of the pics. got any others? maybe some 1/3 pics?
                            Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                              rice? bro, this thing will take uncle ben's 5 minute rice and burn it into 12.7 seconds FLAT! it's vynl, woud come off if he chose to, but on his particular car, looks AWESOME. personally, i only think you could do that on adam's car and get away with it. he's got one of the fastest protege's on this club. now say if he had a twin stripe going down the center, might look a bit . but at anyrate, my personal opinion seeing and being in the car, it's a wonderful car, and the stripe only adds to it. the tail lights may be a bit dark, but hey, at least they're still legal. ricey?? by no means, that thing is a ****in BEAST!
                              peace
                              p.s. also have to give proper respect to wil's festiva, that things a beast as well
                              Umm yeah... what he said

Adam your wheels are putting what to the ground? 231hp? or was it 213? Look Adam's car could be bright neon orange and have a F&F paint job. It is a GTR!! Rice is looking fast but not being fast.
                              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                              So his engine he goosed
                              With much too much boost,
                              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                              X