JDM Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Taillights

Just got my JDM taillights in the mail today. I am so excited, cant wait to put them on. Will post pictures when i've installed them.
    Attached Files

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

I see you've swapped the trunk garnish too. Looking good.

Comment

i swapped the center trunk garnish months ago in anticipation on getting the JDM taillights. the moment has arrived!

Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

decent. they do make it look a helluva lot better then Stock amber ones.
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Mods:

Comment

installed it this morning. wish i could take the yellow bulbs out cuz it makes the white portion of the taillight not so white.
            Attached Files

Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
              installed it this morning. wish i could take the yellow bulbs out cuz it makes the white portion of the taillight not so white.
              Why don't you keep your old ones? The bulbs in the US tail lights are white.

You should've removed the harness from the JDM tails and used the US one.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                ahh looks much better. Yeah what Intruder just said.

or you could go to a car parts store and just replace the yellow bulbs for white or be like me and get red bulbs.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

intruder and loganss,

i did remove the JDM harness and used the US stock harness and just switched the bulbs.

i was told that if i signal and a cop sees me he'll pull me over because it is illegal to have "white" signal lights. i was told it is ok to keep the lenses clear or white as long as when you turn them on or use them they should light up correctly, which in this case is amber.

this is what happened to the original owner, my friend, he replaced the front corners with white bulb and was pulled over. he was told he needed to put the amber bulbs back in.
                  Last edited by beetle_orange; 12-08-2004, 02:42 PM.

Mods:

Comment

damn that sucks

In NJ where i'm registered you can have either
                    white or amber color for the front singal lights
                    red or amber color for the rear signal lights
                    ED
                    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Mods:

Comment

wow everyones going JDM..hehe

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

Originally posted by txmzdspd2gen
                          wow everyones going JDM..hehe
                          thats really the only choice with taillights on 2nd gens

...and i like how it looks, even with its not so whiteness

Comment

i must agree with what pigeon said. the JDM lights are the only way to go with our 2nd gen's.

pigeon i like how it looks too even with its not so "whiteness"

Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                              whats wrong with the JDM harness?
                              Having to remove the trunk interior panels to plug it in? Which I see as being a little more work than just removing the JDM harness and connecitng the US one to the JDM tail light. BTW, wiring wise they are identical. Only the bulb sockets are different (at least one of them -- the orange turn signal bulb that came with the JDM tail didn't fit the US socket).

Comment

Working...
                              X