Creaking from front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaking from front suspension

Meh, now that the cold weather is here, going over rather large bumps that extend my suspension all the way make my front left and right corners 'creak.' It mainly happens going over large speed bumps or abrubt dips in the road.

I'm thinking it's either the front swaybar bushings or perhaps the strut top mounts on each side.

Ideas?
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Hey, I dont know how to fix it, but my moms MP3 has the same problem in the rear, and when she first got it, took it to the dealer, they claimed the rear bumper was out of alignment...waste of money that was, and the problem still persists, but the same thing is, its only when winter rolls around, so if anybody can help, Thanks!

Comment

Ah, the famous "clunk." I solved my clunk problem by replacing the swaybar bushings. Might want to give that a shot.

Comment

yeah, I've seen "clunk" posts around, but I never really though of it as a "clunk", more of a squeek/screech sound, but I guess trying that cant hurt, any suggestions for a particular bushing to replace it with or just new OEM ones, or maybe even an upgraded swaybar?

Thanks

Comment

lol, I dont even use my sway bar...dont ask....and I get no noise from it.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

all i have are eibach springs and my entire suspension creaks now that its getting cold out ... i thought maybe something was wrong ... but i guess its just that ....

Comment

when i turn the wheel the suspension always creaks and when i hit bumps i here cluncks from front to back and it all happened when i put my Tien springs on. i figured that i messed something up becuase i did it myself and not a shop.

So bushing wil fix all that?
              sigpic
              1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
              1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
              2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                Ah, the famous "clunk." I solved my clunk problem by replacing the swaybar bushings. Might want to give that a shot.
                I'm getting the infamous "clunk" too, but this creaking is something totally different.

E-level bushings are on teh way.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

If you have greasable bushings on the front grease them. It's probably your sway bar bushings.

Comment

well i have the screaching sound from the front end of my car, and my suspension is all stock. i havent done anything to it except get in a wreck but it was making the same sound before i got in the wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      did you swap the spring coil wrapper sleeves over from the stock ****?
                      nah i believe they came with some plastic sleeves for the coil already. i didn't know that the stock ones had sleeves... So i have swapped them? probably wouldn't take too long to do.
                      sigpic

Comment

mine does the same thing, only happens when its cold..

turn the radio/your music up when you drive and problem is solved! (thats my solution)

Comment

Hmmm, sounds familiar.

I only get a 'creaking' noise from the front when I go over a speed bump slowly. Other than that it quiet.

The rears on the other hand are noisy. Especially when it's dry and cold I get a 'creak' from the rear (I think its from the AWR Rear Sway bar). I also get a 'rattling' noise from the rear too (like there is something loose). I have already inserted the 'Metal Washers' in place when I installed the H&R and Tokico's (and last week I rechecked to make sure the washers were still tight in place).

The funny thing is if it's raining outside...there is no creak or rattle coming from the rear.

My car is screwed man!!!
                          Jeremy W
                          '99 1.6L Protege
                          JDM Clear corners/ Injen Intake/ AWR Motor Mounts/ CP Racing 4 point Strut Tower Brace/ CP Racing Lower Tie Bar/ Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust/ JDM Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts/ Mazdaspeed B-Spec Springs/ Mazdaspeed Front & Rear Swaybars/ Mazdaspeed Trailing Links/ Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines/ 16" Rota Racing Grids on Falken Azenis/ P5 Steering Wheel/ CG Lock/ Alpine 9833 Deck/ Focal Access 165A (fronts) and Fosgate 6x9 (rears)/ JL Audio 12W3 (sub)/ Zapco 650 Amp/ 1 Farad Cap connect with 2 gauge wire/ Clifford Alarm

Comment

The Verdict?

so after everyone has listed there porblems, do we have a "cause" for this suspension noice?
                            Patrick
                            SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

ya know. i'm probably a little late for this but i was complaining about the noise to the mechanic at work and he told me to spray some silicon at the strut bushings and do that a few times over. I did it twice and it's 100% gone. i was pretty happy.

I don't know if that would work for anyone else but i figured i would share. that and i just did it last week so it may be a temporary thing
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X