just a couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a couple questions

Hey i was just wondering who here double clutches and if they think it prolongs the life the gearbox with our syncromesh cogs. also i was wondering who here runs a oil cooler cuz i wanna buy one but cant find any good kits.

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
    Hey i was just wondering who here double clutches and if they think it prolongs the life the gearbox with our syncromesh cogs. also i was wondering who here runs a oil cooler cuz i wanna buy one but cant find any good kits.
    I always double clutch when I'm slowing down in second gear, still rolling and have the opportunity to accelerate up again but I'm now moving to slowly to smoothly accelerate in second. At this point, I double clutch into first and pull away. If you do it right, the transition into first is perfectly smooth and causes no synchro wear or damage. Staying in second at too low a speed means you have to slip the clutch to accelerate up smoothly and of course cuts down on your acceleration.

I generally never double clutch at speed when I'm downshifting because I don't think it's necessary. I just make sure to give the engine enough throttle as I'm engaging the clutch to synchronize engine and road speeds but, of course, that's not true double clutching.

I don't run an oil cooler but Mazda makes one for the MSP that will fit on any 3rd gen 2.0L between the block and the oil filter. I don't know if it will fit on your car, however.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

You said you couldn't find any kits. That's because you didn't do a search. Why not? In any case, try www.permacool.com

You don't have to thank me as virtue is its own reward.

02 DX Millenium Red
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

hehe thanks man, im gonna look into an oil cooler from there soon

Comment

you wouldnt know off the top of your head if that MSP oil cooler would fit a 99 1.8L manual?

Comment

If you read the FAQ you would know it does

http://web2.airmail.net/theman/msoilcooler/
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah i was reading the faq for like an hour and i couldnt find it..... i guess it just goes to show how cool i reall am lol.

Comment

double clutching like Rev Matching while down shifting? if so then i do that all the time. not becuase it prolongs life (which is always a plus) but becuase the girl friend complains becuase downshift is so rough
                sigpic
                1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

a double clutch in putting it in nuetral and depressing the clutch half way then pressing it all the way down and putting the stick into gear and letting the clutch out, its a form of upshifting...

Comment

Working...
                  X