sylvania Cool Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sylvania Cool Blues

Just picked up some sylvania cool blues and i got 9003 CB/2, i know our headlights are 9003 but will those 9003 CB/2 fit? im assuming they will but just wanted to make sure before i opened them and installed them and couldint take them back haha
    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 12-08-2004, 09:41 PM.

As long as it is 9003. CB stands for Cool Blue, and 2 probably indicates a package of two bulbs. Sylvania does that with all their bulbs, headlights, turn and brake bulbs.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
      As long as it is 9003. CB stands for Cool Blue, and 2 probably indicates a package of two bulbs. Sylvania does that with all their bulbs, headlights, turn and brake bulbs.
      ohh ok thanks alot man, I just wanted to make sure if by some chance the CB/2 was meaning something else but yeh it does make since now. sucks cuz i was gonna get the sylverstars but those things are pricey so just got these till i can get the sylverstars

Comment

they are good bulbs, last pretty long. i found out they are much dimmer then stock, and when it rains and u have black ice cant see sheit. Try the Sylvania Silverstars. Cost $30 a pair if you get them with a rebate, Autozone and Advanced Auto always have cupons in their papers. or just pay for them straight up, WalMart even has em. I installed them 2 years ago in my 94 DX. and best $40 i spent at the time. Brighter then stock and improve lighting alot. Now im goin HID in both 94 and 01 Pros...needMORE light
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

The real silverstars shipped from England will cost about the same as cool blues from the local store.

Comment

Uh, no. I was in England they are not the same price as the Cool Blues here.

In fact, don't go with the Cool Blues, the light output is crap. Spend the extra money and get the Silverstars. They are brighter, last longer and don't give off that ricey blue colour. Plus the Silverstars have a warranty.
            2002 Blackmica P5
            CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Osram Silverstars are the imported ones

Comment

Go to www.powerbulbs.com and get the real thing -- H4 Osram Silverstar.
                They ship for free and it takes about a week to receive them. I'm on my second set. First one lasted me a year and I always drive with my headlights on - day or night. Good stuff.

Comment

The only difference between the Sylvania and Osram Silverstars are a slight blue tint in the Sylvania's. Other than that, they are the same bulb. Same company and everything too.
                  2002 Blackmica P5
                  CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Tint = lower light output.

Comment

tint = higher temps = shorter bulb life

Comment

How does tinting give a bulb higher temp?
                        2002 Blackmica P5

Comment

Originally posted by redfyre
                          How does tinting give a bulb higher temp?
                          In order to produce the same output as the non-tinted bulb, the tinted bulb has to be overdriven. In that case more current flows through the fillament, which corresponds to more heat being produced.

Comment

Good thing this thread came along when it did. I couldn't remember if it was the Cool Blues or the Silverstar which did seem all that great for lighting.

Went back to Advance Auto to trade the Cool Blues for Silverstars. There was only a $3.25 difference. Retail value was more expensive but the sale price made them about the same ~$30.00 for 2 bulbs.
                            ED
                            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

thanks for the info guys. and yes as i said before i will be getting the silverstars just to broke right now lol i bought the cool blues because they were only 17 plus tax which came out to around 19 bucks and the silverstars were like 32 or 37 for a pair of 2 so i went with the cheaper ones hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X